Lost in Translation

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, September 07, 2003, 11:51:23 PM

Pedro

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetMutinyco could be right. LIT just dominated the nominations for the Golden Globes, a major teller of what could happen at the Oscars.
I watched a doc. on Trio last night about the golden globes....
anyone else see it?  i had no idea about all its "secrets"....

pissed me off.
Care to expound?
yeah.  basically, the golden globes is only treated like a big deal because the hollywood foreign press, less than 100 people, that vote on it declare it to be...originally, stars looked down upon it.  it's not a very legit awards show, and sadly, influences the oscar voting...

boombanglarrabee

I just saw the movie and it was just OK.  I do think that Coppola is AWESOME at capturing people falling in love.  But I wasn't blown away by the movie.  It was just OK.  I don't know why so many of you love it.  It was lost on me. :cry:

kotte

I just saw 8 minutes of this and fuck...I want to see it the whole thing now!

8 minutes and was completely blown away...the beautiful cinematography...god...I need to see it now.

Redlum

Could someone please tell me the name of the song that plays at the end of the film. It's also on the first half of the trailer.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

snaporaz

i finally saw it last week. loved it.

Pubrick

Quote from: ®edlumCould someone please tell me the name of the song that plays at the end of the film. It's also on the first half of the trailer.
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
under the paving stones.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Lost in Translation is called "Perdidos en Tokio"  in Spanish...  Lost in Tokyo.... *sigh... :cry:    they never get it right.
context, context, context.

Ravi

Quote from: chuckhimselfoLost in Translation is called "Perdidos en Tokio"  in Spanish...  Lost in Tokyo.... *sigh... :cry:    they never get it right.

That's fitting, considering the English title.

modage

i wonder what they call it in tokyo?  or how it would play there to an audience?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02i wonder what they call it in tokyo?  or how it would play there to an audience?

Something makes me think they wouldn't appreciate some of the humor...

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02i wonder what they call it in tokyo?
"Happy Smile Super Challenge Missing Tlanslation Wish Show"
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Tell me the "l" was intentional...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

©brad

Quote from: mutinycoTell me the "l" was intentional...

tell me u just asked that.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: boombanglarrabeeI just saw the movie and it was just OK.  I do think that Coppola is AWESOME at capturing people falling in love.  But I wasn't blown away by the movie.  It was just OK.  I don't know why so many of you love it.  It was lost on me. :cry:

You're fuckin' nizzuts.