Gigli

Started by Pas, June 07, 2003, 10:14:51 PM

Pas

A teaser for Gigli is out on Movie-List ... I used to say don't judge and book by it's cover, don't judge a movie by it's trailer, but now...after seeing this...

THIS MOVIE WILL BE CRAP.

There's no other way. The plot is SO uninteresting it's scary. And really, does any-fucking-body still laugh at the "muscle pumping (feat. funny faces) in front of the mirror" scene besides mentally challenged people/your average teen ?

Kevin Smith is a hack ... maybe even more than Rat-ner

Ghostboy

You've got your movies mixed up, though....Gigli is the movie by Martin Brest that Sony wishes they could get away with not releasing at all. You should do a search on AICN and read some of the test screening reviews...they're hilarious.

Jersey Girl is the Kevin Smith movie that has been getting fairly decent advance reviews...

SHAFTR

Yes, I am afraid that Gigli is going to really screw up Jersey Girl's chance of doing well > very well at the box office.  If a film with Lopez / Affleck comes out and everyone hates it...will people go see another Lopez / Affleck film even if it is good?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

bonanzataz

i'm so sick of hearing about these two anyway. i never follow tabloids or read things about the personal lives of movie stars, but no matter what, i'm watching tv, and i see these two all over the place. it pisses me off to the point where i don't think i'd be able to stand jersey girl, and i love kevin smith movies.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: bonanzatazi'm so sick of hearing about these two anyway. i never follow tabloids or read things about the personal lives of movie stars, but no matter what, i'm watching tv, and i see these two all over the place. it pisses me off to the point where i don't think i'd be able to stand jersey girl, and i love kevin smith movies.

you said it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: bonanzatazi'm so sick of hearing about these two anyway. i never follow tabloids or read things about the personal lives of movie stars, but no matter what, i'm watching tv, and i see these two all over the place. it pisses me off to the point where i don't think i'd be able to stand jersey girl, and i love kevin smith movies.

you said it.

See, this upsets me because from everything I've heard, Jersey Girl is going to be an amazing film, I hope it does well, critically and at the box office.

bonanzataz

i agree, shaftr, i just don't want to get the urge to jump up at the screen and tear it down from sheer annoyance. affleck as a lead pisses me off anyway. i enjoy chasing amy, but affleck still makes me mad. daredevil was just plain awful. the only thing i can stand to watch j lo act in is out of sight (and maybe selena, but i haven't seen that in a long long time), combined with the media's infatuation with the couple, i don't think i'll be able to handle it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

I enjoyed Daredevil, even more so than Spider-man, but I might be biased.  I am a Daredevil comic book fan...not so much with Spider-man.

I thought Lopez was excellent in Out of Sight and even did a good job in The Cell.

godardian

Quote from: bonanzatazi agree, shaftr, i just don't want to get the urge to jump up at the screen and tear it down from sheer annoyance. affleck as a lead pisses me off anyway. i enjoy chasing amy, but affleck still makes me mad. daredevil was just plain awful. the only thing i can stand to watch j lo act in is out of sight (and maybe selena, but i haven't seen that in a long long time), combined with the media's infatuation with the couple, i don't think i'll be able to handle it.

He's a terrible actor, plain and simple. Just terrible.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

See for yourself here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Quote from: GhostboyYou've got your movies mixed up, though....Gigli is the movie by Martin Brest

I'm so relieved !!! I truly tought this was the Kevin Smith "Ben and Jen" movie, cause I hadn't heard these two would exclusively do movies with each other from now on. I can't wait for the Casablanca remake  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffinSee for yourself here.

Oh, wow.... I'm speechless. Simply... terrible.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pookiethecat

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: MacGuffinSee for yourself here.

Oh, wow.... I'm speechless. Simply... terrible.

to quote samuel l jackson in pulp fiction: that's some fucked up repugnant shit
i wanna lick 'em.

Ghostboy

I love how Ben Affleck is now the antidote to lesbiansim! First in Chasing Amy, and now Gigli, in which he manages to convince J Lo's lesbian hitwoman character of the joys of his endowments!

I haven't seen the trailer. But here's an actual exchange from the love scene in the film:

J LO: Are you ready to baste the turkey?

BEN: Gobble Gobble

J LO: Gobble Gobble.

I'm 100% serious.

pookiethecat

Quote from: GhostboyI love how Ben Affleck is now the antidote to lesbiansim! First in Chasing Amy, and now Gigli, in which he manages to convince J Lo's lesbian hitwoman character of the joys of his endowments!
ugh.  affleck needs to be castrated.  *snip snip*  :twisted:
i wanna lick 'em.