Toy Story & Toy Story 2

Started by modage, November 07, 2010, 05:21:23 PM

modage

Seriously, how good were they? 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

They're pixarlious!

First one is great, second introduces more characters, third one, heck, I haven't seen it that one.

Fernando

I saw the 2nd half of TS2 yesterday actually, and the animation still is pretty awesome, it also has one of the saddest scenes ever, that song the cowgirl sings.

socketlevel

all three are masterpieces. i'd rather get the steelbook/ironbook editions however.
the one last hit that spent you...

Sleepless

Ordered the boxset but it has yet to arrive. I remember going to see the first one with my Dad in the cinema, at the time interested in the first film to be completely computer animated. I haven't seen the second or third ones yet, but the writer of 3, Michael Arndt, gave a couple of fucking awesome talks at AFF which were not only inspiring, but thoroughly entertaining. We got to see some very early versions of key scenes in TS3 while he explained why they didn't work, and took us through various rewrite versions and then the eventually final cut. Amazing stuff. Can't wait to see the film.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

cronopio 2

look at how ashamed Lotzo is of giving that dreamworks smirk to the spectator, he has to cover his face with the toystory logo. cute.

although buzz is giving us some intense smirkness... but that's always been the point with that character so it's all well and good.

Sleepless

How awesome is this - the entire film recreated shot-for-shot in live action:

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.