A Cock and Bull Story

Started by cron, April 11, 2005, 07:46:23 PM

One of English literature's most anarchic classics - The Life And Opinions Of Tristram Shandy - adapted by one of cinema's most daring film-makers, A Cock And Bull Story is a comedy from acclaimed director, Michael Winterbottom.

Bringing together the cream of British comedy talent, this is a film which perfectly captures the spirit of the novel - a celebration of the wonderful, unfathomable chaos of life itself.

A Cock And Bull Story is an energetic, laugh out loud adaptation of a book which is unadaptable, and this is wrapped round by an affectionate and equally hilarious account of what it's like trying to make a film - especially when the two lead actors are constantly vying with each other for attention.

Starring:
Steve Coogan, Rob Brydon, Keeley Hawes, Shirley Henderson, Dylan Moran, David Walliams, Jeremy Northam, Benedict Wong, Naomie Harris, Kelly Macdonald, Elizabeth Berrington, Mark Williams, Kieran O'Brien, Roger Allam, James Fleet, Ian Hart, Ronni Ancona, Greg Wise, Stephen Fry, Gillian Anderson
Directed by:
Michael Winterbottom
Written by:
Martin Hardy
Producer:
Andrew Eaton
Executive Producers:
Kate Ogborn, Julia Blackman, Jeff Abberley, David M Thompson, Tracey Scoffield, Henry Normal
context, context, context.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Hell I'm stoked.  If Martin Hardy brought the goods it might end up being great.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pubrick

Quote from: sundown all overHell I'm stoked.  If Martin Hardy brought the goods it might end up being great.
i think u missed the two most important words in the post: winter bottom.
under the paving stones.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

If Winterbottom gets a great script he can make a great movie is what I was implying.  Because let's be honest, Winterbottom makes a lot of good movies.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

w/o horse

http://www.apple.com/trailers/picturehouse/tristramshandy/

That was a chronological list.

As the trailer went on I began to like it more and more and more and enough and done.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

samsong

hedwig

Quote from: Garam on December 17, 2005, 08:22:02 PM
Also, even though I'm opposed to drawing comparisons to two other films for promotional purposes, the blurb of 'Larry Sanders and Day For Night' sure excites me.

good god, garam! you don't even need to have seen the show to know that The Larry Sanders Show is a show. show some sense!

Pubrick

haha, it wouldn't be the first time Garam doesn't know what he's talking about.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

Quote from: Garam on December 18, 2005, 08:29:43 AM
And surprise surprise, Pubrick jumps on board to tease someone about something to boost up his post count.
was i lying? believe me when i jump on board to "tease" anyone it's decided upon a case by case basis. this time it was simply because i think you're a douche.

my post count has nothing to do with it. but i see you care about that since you're the one talking about it.. projecting your insecurities again?..

Quote from: Garam on December 17, 2005, 06:56:18 PM
I'm getting slightly tired of Gervais' annoying arrogant bigot bit. I'm starting to think some of the stuff he says is actually how he feels
under the paving stones.

Figure 8

Quote from: Garam on December 18, 2005, 08:29:43 AMAnd surprise surprise, Pubrick jumps on board to tease someone about something to boost up his post count.
I really hope that was sarcastic.

Garam

modage

Title: Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story
Released: 16th May 2006
SRP: $27.95

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced the Michael Winterbottom directed Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story which stars Gillian Anderson, Jeremy Northam and Steve Coogan. This inventive adaptation of the notoriously unfilmable British comic novel, will be available to own from the 16th May. Retail will be around $27.95. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. Extras will include an audio commentary, some deleted and extended scenes, interviews, and the theatrical trailer.  We've attached the official region one package artwork below:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/tristram-shandy-a-cock-and-bull-story.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Quote from: Pubrick on April 13, 2005, 07:15:27 AM
Quote from: sundown all overHell I'm stoked.  If Martin Hardy brought the goods it might end up being great.
i think u missed the two most important words in the post: winter bottom.

QuoteFrank Cottrell Boyce       (writer) (as Martin Hardy)

Michael Winterbottom       (as Martin Hardy)

It was a really light-hearted movie.  Kept moving right along.  I appreciated the irony of the HBO joke considering this is right in the league of those real-life-showbusiness shows.  That was really the only problem.  It was like "Yeah funny but. . ."  You see it's important because it was genuinely funny.  I can't help but compare it to other movies in the same vein that I enjoyed more (24 Hour Party People, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang) but if you can help it or if you love those movies you'll love this movie.

The movie was light visiting high-school friends and making the same good ol' jokes.  Good times but I try not to think about high school too much.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ravi

Quote from: modage on February 14, 2006, 05:42:27 PM
Released: 16th May 2006

Nearly two-month delay...

Starring: Gillian Anderson
Released: 11th July 2006

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.