50/50

Started by MacGuffin, May 27, 2011, 05:32:37 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release date: Sept. 30, 2011

Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anjelica Houston

Directed by: Johnathan Levine

Premise: A comedic account of a 27-year-old guy's cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I saw this last night.  It surprised me.

I wasn't exactly on board at first.  It seemed like "What if Garden State got cancer and his best friend was a Judd Apatow movie?".  It was really walking the line of losing my interest, it was funny enough and the acting was decent, but seemed a little forced.

Then it got dark and emotional, but stayed funny.  I am always happy to see a movie that can walk the line this well.  That is a tough thing to balance. 

It never really steps away from being so formulaic, but it plays the formula well.   It has a good dog and JGL does a funny impersonation of Seth Rogen.

SiliasRuby

What an unexpected surprise. fairly well written and the chemistry between rogan and JGL feels real and genuine. Balancing all comedy and the drama is extremely tough and they really pulled it off. It felt realistic and beautiful. It touched my heart and easily one of most of emotional films of the past few years.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection