This place is BIPOLAR.

Started by Stefen, July 31, 2008, 10:27:58 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on January 25, 2010, 01:36:25 AM
Besides PTA, the films I remember getting the most discussion on this board amongst the majority were the Matrix movies. It seemed everyone here had an in depth theory about that trilogy and the discussion went on forever.

hahaha, this made me laugh, it's so true. i'm not so sure if that speaks for the maturity of the board since i may hav gone overboard in my defenses of avatar recently (....nope). but while everyone had long ass theories about the matrix mythology (hahaha), no one could deny even then that the series went to shit very quickly. if the avatar sequel sucks and i keep talking as if it doesn't, we may be reverting.

everyone wants to talk about popular films, it's like the bread and butter of a functioning message board. it also gives us the opportunity to come up with smart things that we can all go back to our real life and repeat as if we made them up ourselves. and everyone wants to talk shit about obvious garbage like Jennifer's Body, it's like the toothpick of a functioning message board. it keeps us abreast (and what a breast!) of what's utter garbage and should only be spoken of with total distain. and everyone wants to talk about good movies in a really smart way once in a while, or at least read about it when others do, that's the succulent meat of a functioning message board.

i don't think our tastes need to be more exclusive. but i like the idea of advertising, we're looking into it.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

That reminds me, has anyone bothered to see Boondock Saints 2 yet?  I never feel more connected with you guys than when we're all ranting about BDS or Crash.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

Someone needs to take one for the team and see it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

xixax is dead again.

someone do something.

i would but i'm busy.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Sorry.  April Fools wore me out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I quit drinking again. Sorry, guys!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I started drinking more, maybe I can help in some way.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

I got in a huge fight with a bunch of my best friends and am in dire need of attention. Maybe Xixax and I can help each other. Yikes.

Sorry people I annoy, I'm already back.

PS: April fool's kinda fooled me.

Sleepless

I became a Daddy a little over a week ago. And not a fake Daddy like *some* people around here I could mention. A real Daddy with a real baby. Best damn excuse on the board. Although maybe I should post more...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Gamblour.

I am filming something. I haven't seen any movies, anyway. But I keep up with the Lost thread!
WWPTAD?

matt35mm

I'm directing a play.  I still spend a few minutes each day looking through all the new posts (except for in the Lost thread).

squints

i'm too busy getting head in the back of video stores. sorry.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

RegularKarate

My life is a goddamned, busy mess.  You guys are supposed to entertain me while I'm here at my shit day-job. 

stop letting me down