all things iPod (buying, using, breaking)

Started by cron, January 15, 2004, 11:48:12 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 09, 2006, 03:36:46 PMI think I need another case... like a "going out" case... one that looks nicer.  any suggestions?  Anyone have that clear snap-case?  I'd like something small, snug, and sleek.

I have a snap aluminum case (like the one below) and am happy with it. Dropped it once and it absorbed the shock. The iPod fits inside snuggly so the case doesn't make it much fatter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Aluminum-Case-Film-for-iPod-Video-30GB-60GB-80GB_W0QQitemZ150054420510QQihZ005QQcategoryZ56170QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I first bought a leather case, and while it was nice having the screen protector sewed in, the padded bulk made slipping the whole thing into a pocket difficult.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

yeah yeah yeah I catch on to things late. I bought an ipod 30GB (white, so I could make jokes about not wanting the "black" one) yesterday and I already hate it today. Never have I been so mad in my life. I feel like killing. The fucking thing downloaded every single song and picture I had on the computer. I already had to restore the fucking thing. THE PICTURES ARE STILL THERE, I SWEAR. oh and since I'm mildly retarded I still can't figure out how to actually put a song I ACTUALLY WANT on the fucking thing. fucking thing.

*Update, okay so I think I figured this little fucker out. I now have songs on the ipod. No one has been harmed.
who likes movies anyway

Stefen

I got a problem with my iPod that I can't find the answer to. I ask at the iPod forums and everyones a dick and tells me to search but I still can't find anything about it.

iPod loads and everything comes on fine, but when I select to play something, anything, be it a song, podcast, video, it won't load. For songs it'll bring up the album art and the time line but it'll just stay at 0:00 and won't play anything. I've restored it to the factory settings and everything. Still hte same problem. With videos, it'll bring up the black screen that it had right before a video plays and it'll stay there.

Any ideas?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Gold Trumpet

I got an Ipod Nano and so far love it, but I need to know how to delete songs off it. When I plugged it into my lap top it downloaded every song on Itunes when I hoped I would be able to pick and choose what it downloaded. I've searched for answers but i'm generally clueless about these things.

Trust me, I understand how silly this question sounds considering it's so basic but I need to know.

edit: I think I got it. I asked a friend online.

Stefen

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 28, 2007, 09:20:46 PM
I got an Ipod Nano and so far love it, but I need to know how to delete songs off it. When I plugged it into my lap top it downloaded every song on Itunes when I hoped I would be able to pick and choose what it downloaded. I've searched for answers but i'm generally clueless about these things.

Trust me, I understand how silly this question sounds considering it's so basic but I need to know.

edit: I think I got it. I asked a friend online.

Go to iTunes and check/uncheck what you want on it,then select the option in the iPod menu (click on your iPod in the middle of itunes) and select only sync checked items.

As for my iPod, it's still broken. Getting an appt for the Apple Store genius bar is difficult since it doesn't let you pick what time you want your appt to be, you either need to go when they tell you or don't go at all. Apple is really getting on my nerves.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Another alternative is to check "manually manage my music" (something like that) in iTunes, so instead of syncing, you just copy and paste into the iPod to add music and delete it just by... well, deleting it.  This is the best option if you, like me, don't keep all of your music on your computer's hard drive at any given moment.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

Thanks for suggestions. It took me a few days of use, but I've gotten the hang of it. I swear an Ipod is the best present I've ever gotten.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on December 23, 2007, 07:55:31 PM
I got a problem with my iPod that I can't find the answer to. I ask at the iPod forums and everyones a dick and tells me to search but I still can't find anything about it.

iPod loads and everything comes on fine, but when I select to play something, anything, be it a song, podcast, video, it won't load. For songs it'll bring up the album art and the time line but it'll just stay at 0:00 and won't play anything. I've restored it to the factory settings and everything. Still hte same problem. With videos, it'll bring up the black screen that it had right before a video plays and it'll stay there.

Any ideas?

This may seem insane, but supposedly it works in a lot of cases: http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY---Fix-Broken-iPod!/
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I took my iPod to the Apple store and they replaced it with a new one free of charge. They rule.

Stefen

Anyone know a way to play my iPod through my computer without it resyncing?

As you know, I lost all my music, but I haven't resynced my iPod so I still have all my music on my iPod, is there a way to play my iPod through my computer without it syncing? I can charge it without syncing, but can't find a way to play it without syncing.

last days of gerry the elephant

If you're talking about ripping music from your iPod back onto your hard drive then you'll need a third party program to do that Stefan.

Stefen

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 17, 2008, 10:35:01 PM
If you're talking about ripping music from your iPod back onto your hard drive then you'll need a third party program to do that Stefan.

Naw, I was just looking for a way to play the music. I have it all saved on my iPod.

I found a way to do it through Winamp. Just sync it through your media library. Took awhile, but it works perfectly.

Thanks anyways.

pete

I had a mild concussion from training yesterday, got kneed in the face.  so with my free time I've decided to look for a good place that sells ipod touch at a reasonable price.  my friends both told me they got their 16gig iphones for $300, so I find it a little ridiculous that apple is selling ipod touch 16gig for $400 on their website.  both of these friends don't seem like the type that would look for boosters on the streets either - can someone point me the right way or explain the discrepency to me?
god I'm so fucking dizzy.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

Quote from: pete on July 21, 2008, 01:15:08 PM
I had a mild concussion from training yesterday, got kneed in the face. 

Who did this to you? Can you give me his address? I will send him a free iPod Touch :)

Try here. There seems to be a lot of places that have it from $280+ on Google Shopping. Just see what is the deal with delivery times and shipping.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=iPod+Touch&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13035135158375417683&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&resnum=2&ct=result