Peep Show

Started by Bruce Lee, March 28, 2005, 10:28:33 AM

polkablues

So Peep Show series 8 is supposedly coming out this fall, but in the meantime, I'm catching up on Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong's other show, the college-set "Fresh Meat".  I'm four episodes in, and it's pretty great.  It reminds me a lot of Judd Apatow's excellent "Undeclared" (with the added bonus of no goddamn Jay Baruchel), not just in setting but in tone and character.  Less free-wheeling and absurdist than Peep Show, but just as good at nailing the humor inherent in odd people interacting with the world at large.  Jack Whitehall is a massive star in the making as well.  He's one of those actors with the ability to wring comedy out of any line.

So basically, has anyone else watched this, and if not then someone please do so, because I would like to talk to people about it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Polka, where are you watching it?

polkablues

I torrented it. As far as I can tell, there's no legit way to view it stateside yet.

polkablues

Just finished the first series of Fresh Meat. This show is legit, you guys.

modage

Acquiring it now. Can't wait to watch.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

According to Robert Webb's twitter, they have officially begun filming series 8 of Peep Show. Like literally an hour ago.

Pubrick

gah!!! stop calling it series. it's a SEASON goddamn it.  the british idiots who came up with that terminology got it wrong alright? they are too big to admit it but it is just WRONG.

australia uses the same fucked up word for it and it's the one time i hate a UK version of a word over the american version. believe me, every other time the american version of a word is absolutely stupid, so i understand why you want to adopt the "right" version of the english language, but this time.. no.

just.. no.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

I agree completely, this is one bit of etymology the US got right (the opposite of how we use "entrĂ©e" to mean the main course).  I use "series" when I'm talking about British shows mainly out of politeness, but I'm more than happy to say fuck it.

polkablues

The new SEASON of Peep Show is supposedly starting later this month.  Meanwhile, Fresh Meat (did anyone get around to watching that?) is in the middle of its second season, and it's still fantastic.

polkablues

modage

Polka, I watched both series of Fresh Meat and love it. Not quite as bitingly funny as Peep Show but I've grown to love the characters which makes up the difference. Series 2 ended on such a cliffhanger, it'll be a bummer to have to wait for more eps. I prefer it already to uh, any comedy on American TV right now, I think. VERY NICE RECOMMENDATION.

I also watched the first ep of the Peep Show S8. Still great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

The first couple episodes of the new season of Peep Show were good but a little underwhelming, especially after such a long wait.  The last two episodes have been gold, though.

modage

I'm really digging this season. The Jez/Dobby/Mark triangle is pretty amazing.

diggler

Super Hans as Mark's boss is a hilarious development. I also loved Jez's conversation with Dobby about Venetian Snares vs. Aphex Twin. Her answer is PERFECT.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage