bob's burgers

Started by samsong, January 12, 2011, 08:49:22 AM

samsong

i haven't seen anything else by loren bouchard but the pilot is fucking hilarious.  anyone else see it?

Reel

Yeah I saw it. I wasn't really paying attention but it got more laughs outta me than the family guy/simpson's episodes on that night. You get H. John Benjamin, Eugene Mirman, and Dan Mintz on one show, Watch out man!

RegularKarate

I think it's great.  Love almost everyone involved and can't wait for it to get even better right before it gets canceled.

squints

Quote from: samsong on January 12, 2011, 08:49:22 AM
i haven't seen anything else by loren bouchard but the pilot is fucking hilarious.  anyone else see it?

Home movies has some classic episodes and lucy daughter of the devil is pretty great too. Pretty much anything with h. jon benjamin is great (with the exception of Archer). In Lucy, Jonny Benji plays the devil and it is funny.

Haven't seen this show..but i am intrigued.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Ravi

Thanks for reminding me about this.  Just watched it on Hulu.  Great first ep.  RK is right, this will get cancelled.

cronopio 2

this show has a heart, it's very funny, the talent involved is amazing (todd barry and paul f tompkins in the last episode), and the characters are already lovable. of course it will get cancelled.

samsong

this week's episode was so great.  anyone else catch it?

cronopio 2

haha i just logged to comment on it.
i got goosebumps by how sweet and funny and perfect it was, like classic simpsons.

cinemanarchist

The scene where the daughter is explained her party to Bob was perfect. It's the only thing I've ever DVR'ed and then not immediately deleted. I'm not certain I'll watch it again right now, but I'd like to at least know it's still there.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

This show is a lot better than it looked like it was going to be. Kristen Schaal and Eugene Mirman can spin any line into gold. My only complaint: Comic Sans credits. Ewwwwww....
My house, my rules, my coffee

samsong

i fucking love this show.  the conversation in the slide in the last episode was unbelievably brilliant.

Sleepless

This is the only show I actually watch on TV when it airs.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: polkablues on March 12, 2011, 12:34:10 AM
Comic Sans credits. Ewwwwww....

Glad I wasn't the only one cringing at that.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.