Ingmar Bergman

Started by filmcritic, June 23, 2003, 12:11:24 AM

P Heat

YES... the kid scene made my jaw drop and eyes open. I couldn't believe where it was going lol.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

wilder

jenkins

i was like, whaaaaa. so good

(speed racer/fanny and alexander)

http://instagram.com/5thavecinema/

can you explain what this is exactly?
other than two frames of a movie overlapped?

jenkins

thats cool. you could also answer the question.
did they play it on top of each other or is it art or wtf man. stop being difficult.

Gold Trumpet

Don't think it's really much of anything.

jenkins

it's two screencaps superimposed over each other, from speed racer/fanny and alexander, to highlight their shared themes, and there's a link at the bottom of the post to the movie club's instagram, where i heard about the double-screening, but most appreciated the screencaps i shared

i appreciate how the juxtaposition of stylistic intentions was expressed through not one screencap but two screencaps as one. there you go. if this is the worst part of your day, you're doing fine

yes. keep talking like that. that is less confusing af.

jenkins

time stamping this day

(

)

wilder

jenkins

A kid has gotta cash out a bank account in all Bergmans, pay for the camera with Bergmans, pay the cast and crew each person is given a Bergman before the shooting of a scene, shoot it in Fårö and pay for the trip with Bergmans, wipe your tears with Bergmans and I don't see what could go wrong here.

wilder

Match Factory launches ambitious Bergman centenary project
via SCREENDAILY

EXCLUSIVE: The documentary will be available as a feature film or a TV series.

July 2018 marks 100 years since the birth of Swedish auteur (14 July 1918) Ingmar Bergman, director of such classics as The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries, and the centenary is being marked with events, films and TV dramas.

In Cannes, The Match Factory is starting pre-sales on Bergman, a hugely ambitious Ingmar Bergman documentary conceived as a feature film and four-part TV series.

The project is billed as one the most comprehensive documentaries ever to explore the life of the director, whose work has influenced everyone from Woody Allen to Martin Scorsese and David Lynch. Produced by B-Reel Films in Sweden, the film is a co-production with Sveriges Television, Svensk Filmindustri, Motlys, Reel Ventures, Nordsvensk Filmunderhallning, Gotlands Filmfond, Film Capital Stockholm, and is directed by Jane Magnusson.

Bergman will look in detail at the legendary director's career - with a special focus on his immensely productive period in 1957 - in his own words and those of his friends, colleagues and lovers. "It's a challenging project, since we have the highest ambition and want to create a film that is both visually and dramatically on the same artistic level as the work of our subject matter," says producer Mattias Nohrborg.

The film will be available in two formats: as a feature film and mini-series (4 x 1 hour). The promo is available to be seen at The Match Factory's Cannes office.

wilder

Oscilloscope Makes 'Genius' Move On Ingmar Bergman Documentary
via Deadline

Oscilloscope has acquired North American distribution rights to Ingmar Bergman – Legacy Of Defining Genius documentary, which will get a theatrical run this year.  The doc hails from Margarethe von Trotta's collaboration with co-director Felix Moeller, made with the participation and inclusion of Bergman's family and estate. It explores the many layers of the Swedish director's legacy through both his closest collaborators in front of and behind the camera, as well a new generation of filmmakers forever inspired by him. Producers are Konstanze Spiedel, Benjamin Seikel, Guy Amon, and Stéphane Sorlat.

Robyn

Quote from: jenkins on October 19, 2015, 03:08:18 PM

time stamping this day

(

)

This is funny.

Bergman is someone you know if you are a pretentious film buff, if you are not from Sweden. In Sweden, he is one of the most famous people in the country. Also, one of the big TV channels in Sweden are airing a lot of Bergman specials right now too, because he would have been 100 this year. So it's like... you put on the TV. There he is. You check your wallet. Yup. Bergman again.