The Arcade Fire

Started by Film Student, December 15, 2004, 12:47:13 PM

Pas

I don't get it!

edit: what a page starter!

NEON MERCURY

i think the suburbs was 2010's best album (and my personal fav) - i say that despite the fact that broken social scene's FRR came out that same year and i saw their otherworldly concert live at central park - i thank u guys for getting me into these guys w/funeral backintheday...as its another token to the brilliant peeps here - but im not smart enough to give some in depth review on the album but suffice 2 say u can just toss in a bunch a praising adjectives and blend them and thats my response - its a great album to listen to while sitting out on ur porch  or deck in the summer in a suburban neigborhood w/ur friends or wife/husband  or girlfriend/boyfrend - it makes me nostaglic like dazedandconfused

Reel

hey its neon in courier font! Whats up man? I couldn't agree with you more, part of what makes me hate liking this album is the consensus all around that this album is good. How can so many people get somethng out of it along with me? I don't know anyone in my circle who has listened to it as much as me, excluding my Dad because he can run something into the ground when he likes it. One of my favorite things about the album beyond just the music is how clear and concise all the lyrics are, and they all paint a different picture the way they're sung and paced through different songs. I think that why I can listen to it so much and still get something new each time. It's really awesome, that Terry Gilliam documentary needs to come out already!

ono

Their new album, I think called "Reflektor", comes out October 29th.

Reel

cool, a reason to listen to music again.

ono

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

It took me a couple of listenings to get into it but now I can say for sure it's another great song. Even more curious about the album now that we know they seem to have gone in a completely different direction with their sound.
Si

MacGuffin

Arcade Fire Concert Special to Air on NBC Following "Saturday Night Live": Confirmed
Source: Pitchfork

Following Arcade Fire's September 28 appearance as the musical guest on "Saturday Night Live", NBC will air a 30-minute concert special from the band. Today, the band's booking agency, Billions, finally confirmed this special, which had been heavily rumored and teased by the band.

Arcade Fire is performing on the season premiere of "SNL", hosted by Tina Fey, one month before the release of their upcoming album Reflektor, out October 29 through Merge.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

New single/video "Everything Now":

New album "Everything Now" drops July 28th.

Fuzzy Dunlop

I'll fuck with this, but I'll always fuck with The Arcade Fire...

Cover art looks like it was either created by or inspired by/ripped off from an artist who had some pieces up in Palm Desert this spring: https://www.desertx.org/jennifer-bolande/