Petition for ALF

Started by Kal, March 12, 2004, 12:21:46 PM

Kal

I had some weird dream last night and woke up thinking... damnit... I want to see ALF again and have the DVD with all the episodes... I used to love that show so much... and of course is not available yet... but maybe it will... Everytime I see those stupid 10 10 220 commercials I think about it.

In the meantime, there's a petition going on... I've been signing these shits lately a lot... check it out and sign... lets bring ALF back!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ALFonDVD/petition.html

Find Your Magali

Nothing against ALF, but if that show hits DVD before St. Elsewhere, I will become very depressed, start drinking again and possibly light the world on fire.

NEON MERCURY

what about Small Wonder......?......i think the show only lasted a season so it could fit on one disk.....

*trivia for the ALF fanatics.
-what does A.L.F. stand for?

modage

alien life form?  or something close to that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02alien life form

correct-o-mundo!

Find Your Magali

OK, first "ALF"

Now, we find out that "Knight Rider: Season 1" is coming to DVD in August!

It's like the quality of the show is inversely proportional to the odds that it will ever come out on DVD.

Sigh. Where's the GOOD TV stuff??

Kal

ALF wasnt confirmed yet, was it?

Find Your Magali

Arrrgh! See, THIS is what I'm talking about.

MTM, if you're listening, I'll shell out $100 per season for St. Elsewhere DVDS

LostEraser

Quote from: Find Your MagaliOK, first "ALF"

Now, we find out that "Knight Rider: Season 1" is coming to DVD in August!

It's like the quality of the show is inversely proportional to the odds that it will ever come out on DVD.

Sigh. Where's the GOOD TV stuff??

Hey, if you like pop culture then ALF and Knight Rider are things that you need on dvd! Junk food for the brain is just as important as all those quality shows. Just like my DVD shelf has a section for Lynch and Fellini as well as Roger Corman and Russ Meyer. I can't wait for Knight Rider and would love an ALF dvd set!!
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

Dirk

Screw ALF, people are in dire need of some Wonder Years.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

Quote from: DirkScrew ALF, people are in dire need of some Wonder Years.

The petition for that show is here:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5600
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Speak of the devil - From DVDFile:

Coming from Lion's Gate/Artisan (or whatever they are calling themselves this week) is a rather large slate of new theatrical, catalog and TV on DVD releases.

The rather silly epic miniseries 10.5 kicks things off on August 24th, preceded by the television "classic" Alf: Season One, Conan O'Brien 10th Anniversary Special and a Triumph the Insult Comic Dog compilation on August 10th. All are presented in 4:3 full screen and Dolby 2.0 stereo (except 10.5, which will rumble in full Dolby 5.1) with no extras. Retail will cost you $19.95 a pop, except for Alf, which will cost $39.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

NEON MERCURY

:shock: ..i never knew petitions actually worked!!!

we need the wonder years, twin peaks season two[region one], and twin peaks: fire walk w/ me[w/ the deleted scenes] and finally the wizard..then i will be a happy bitch :!:

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY:shock: ..i never knew petitions actually worked!!!
Freaks and Geeks

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: GoneSavageI'm glad the petition idea worked for once
i know, i can't get over that.

it goes against everything i believe in.
under the paving stones.