Xixax for all...?

Started by kotte, October 09, 2003, 08:42:26 AM

kotte

Do you recommend Xixax to your friends and direct people from other forums here?

Or do feel kinda reserved about it, like 'it's yours'?

coffeebeetle

I referred one of my teachers to this site.  I'm proud and happy to introduce newcomers to the site.  I don't think he's registered yet.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Cecil

i told one friend to join. hes the only friend that wouldve been interested in joining anyhow

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: kotteDo you recommend Xixax to your friends and direct people from other forums here?

Or do feel kinda reserved about it, like 'it's yours'?

I do kinda feel like it's "my secret site", but I read and write so much in here that i can't help but to reference it in conversations about film... like "there was this discussion a while back on xixax about this film, or that film"... and people are like "what the hell is sig-sat?"... so i end up telling them...

AK

80% of my friends doesn't like movies

from 20% who does like, half does not speak english and other half hate PTA (so , i'm not gonna bring ppl as the "PTA is not that good" guy to here)

And i just realise my post reminds me a math problem...urgh!

aclockworkjj

Quote from: AKAnd i just realise my post reminds me a math problem...urgh!

An ant and a blind spider are on opposite corners of a cube. The ant is stationary and the spider moves at random from one corner to another along the edges only. What is the expected number of turns before the spider reaches the ant?

metroshane

one

Actually, I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm still trying to figure out if I like this site.  I found it while looking for info on the XL1S, and that portion of the site seems to be ok, but the rest of the site seems to exist on a plane that I don't really relate to or that doesn't relate to me.  I'm not faulting anyone, but I'm not really into the shananigans, the gratuitiousness, the elitism, etc.  There seems to be a handful of really great discussion buried in a pile of...well let's just say things I'm not interested in.  I'm only being honest.

So, no.  Right now I wouldn't recommend it.  I've stuck around for a while just to see how my first impressions turned out.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

AK

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: AKAnd i just realise my post reminds me a math problem...urgh!

An ant and a blind spider are on opposite corners of a cube. The ant is stationary and the spider moves at random from one corner to another along the edges only. What is the expected number of turns before the spider reaches the ant?

Im answering with your answer:

Quote from: acjj at other thread

1+1 will always= 2

or Tom York's one:

2+2=5

thank God I choose films for life...

Sleuth

I think it's kind of annoying when people bring their friends on and start doing these little inside jokes and faces like this  :wink:

Yeah, that's lame, but I realize not everyone will do that (Sigur and Phil for instance)
I like to hug dogs

Reinhold

nick, the walrus, showed xixax to me. i've been pretty lazy about posting, but i think it's cool that he got me here. i show it to other people.

ps:don't go swimming any any more ponds!!:wink:
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Xixax

Metroshane has some valid points. Thoughts like his go through my mind constantly. I always wonder how we can include more people (not seeming "elitist") while still having a good time amongst ourselves. I mean, let's face it. We're geeky about it, but some of the inside jokes here are pretty funny stuff.

I hope you hang out long enough to be come one of the clique, Metroshane. Then again, that's basically my wish for everyone here.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

prophet

keep in mind that 360 members have never posted.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

edison

Quote from: prophetkeep in mind that 360 members have never posted.

Im waiting for the day when they swarm back on and have a posting frenzy.

Gold Trumpet

I got one friend to sign up. He hasn't posted. He's a major Kevin Smith fan and was trying to make his own low brow kind of comedy. A couple of friends and I were willing to commit so we planned to write and film a comedy. With this site, he just wanted to get into an environment to talk about movies and continue motivation of making the movie. Sad thing, he ended up moving away recently and the plan gone. I have recommended this site to a lot of people because I do think it is a healthy dose of all kind of talk in movies and prolly the best site for movie talk I've ever come across.

~rougerum

metroshane

I plan on sticking around for a bit and trying to make a fit for myself.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.