The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: P Heat on September 26, 2011, 02:03:56 AM
haven't posted here in a while.. thought is was related.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/05/wikipedia-bans-church-of-scientology/

lol

R U HI?

that news is two years old and is probably not true anymore. even if it is, it's not interesting or relevant. it's just something you found on the internet. can you see how stupid that is?
under the paving stones.

P Heat

Yes.

I'm not posting at 4am anymore.... :yabbse-undecided:
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Figure 8

I have a friend who worked as a PA on the Master set, and he just told me to watch Elmer Gantry to get an idea of what the Master is going to be like.  Lots of similar shots/scenes.  I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Stefen

What else did he say? And can he come post here?

I hope it's better than Wise Blood.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

:bravo: for bringing substance back to the thread, Fig 8. was hoping Elmer Gantry was streamable as i am a bit tipped and happened to be looking for a good watch. queued it up.

please get all the scoops you can from your PA pal.

squints

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi862455065/

The Trailer for Elmer Gantry is pretty exciting if that's any idea of what The Master will be like.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Figure 8

Unfortunately I don't have any more substantial info to give.  I tend to try to stay away from any kind of spoilers and details before seeing movies I'm looking forward to, and so I never asked too many questions.  I can try to milk more out of him about what kind of stuff he saw next time we speak.

Stefen

If you don't want to spoil anything for yourself, give me his email and I'll interview him. I don't give a fuck.

I'll even come up with a list of questions. A lot of them.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Figure 8 on September 27, 2011, 10:24:45 PM
I have a friend who worked as a PA on the Master set, and he just told me to watch Elmer Gantry to get an idea of what the Master is going to be like.  Lots of similar shots/scenes.  I haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I caught this on TCM within the last year or so, but unfortunately I would need to see it again to remember.
My first thought is there is some intensity like what you see in A Face In The Crowd. I was thinking it was even directed by Kazan until I saw the end of the trailer.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

BB

Quote from: md on August 31, 2011, 06:31:57 AM
fwiw, this was posted on the DP's facebook on monday.  Completely speculative, but to me, it looks to be a coloring session for some serious ish...

maybe a glimpse at a scene from the master?

Hey everybody, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Sorry to be a bummer but I believe this picture was probably taken from the new Coppola movie Twixt. I recently saw a screening of Twixt and there's a scene set in a similarly cavernous room with a similarly hot window. Having seen this picture only days before the screening, the room stood out to me when it appeared in the film. I was grossly disappointed.

Malaimare was DP on both projects and Twixt would have been finishing post-production around the time he posted this picture. Perhaps it's meant to show off the digital color timing rig (or whatever that is) in the foreground.

Granted, both films could have scenes set in rooms with chairs and windows, so all hope is not lost.

matt35mm

Quote from: BB on October 13, 2011, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: md on August 31, 2011, 06:31:57 AM
fwiw, this was posted on the DP's facebook on monday.  Completely speculative, but to me, it looks to be a coloring session for some serious ish...

maybe a glimpse at a scene from the master?

Hey everybody, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Sorry to be a bummer but I believe this picture was probably taken from the new Coppola movie Twixt. I recently saw a screening of Twixt and there's a scene set in a similarly cavernous room with a similarly hot window. Having seen this picture only days before the screening, the room stood out to me when it appeared in the film. I was grossly disappointed.

Malaimare was DP on both projects and Twixt would have been finishing post-production around the time he posted this picture. Perhaps it's meant to show off the digital color timing rig (or whatever that is) in the foreground.

Granted, both films could have scenes set in rooms with chairs and windows, so all hope is not lost.

Welcome, BB!

Thanks for the info. That makes much more sense.

Stefen

O.

there might still be a room... with a window... though.
superb

pete

ha - I was in that room that just color graded twixt! It was called SpyPost, and a really frivolous food video series I was working on did our color correction there too, in the same suite. It was pretty suite; a 20 ft screen that was capable of 3D, which was what Twixt was done in. The coloring system is called, I think - Pablo - but it might've been just one of the many systems used in that little suite, which was one of the happiest days in my short filmmaking career. Nothing says validation like watching things get projected on a 20ft screen and slaved over by polite and witty professionals.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen