Kubrick Movies showing in NYC (and other places!)

Started by clerkguy23, August 28, 2005, 12:31:40 AM

clerkguy23

This Wednesday Barry Lyndon is playing at the BAMRose Cimemas in Brooklyn at 7:00. After seeing it recently for the first time, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Kubrick movie and there's no reason anyone in New York this Wednesday should miss it. Maybe I'll see one of you there.

Ash

Quote from: clerkguy23Maybe I'll see one of you there.

Gay.

Pubrick

Quote from: AshGay.
what's gayer is coming out of hiding after 6 months just to post that.
under the paving stones.

The Red Vine

They have these screenings of classic movies all the time. It's nothing particularly special.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Tictacbk

I don't think this thread is to rave about how special it is that they're having a screening, but rather to let everyone know so they can go if they want...

maybe i'm wrong tho.

Reinhold

rather than starting another gay "______ in NY", i'm sticking this here:

this saturday, the museum of the moving image is showing FMJ in 35mm.  check out their web site for directions and details.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

jigzaw

They could show Kubrick movies every year and I'd be there.  Can't seem to get tired of seeing them on the big screen.

Pubrick

Quote from: jigzaw on February 09, 2006, 06:07:43 PM
Can't seem to get tired of seeing them on the big screen.
that implies that you're trying to.

BANNED
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

2001 a space odyssey 70mm restored print on monday at the coolidge corner theater in boston. i think at 7.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Reinhold

Quote from: bonanzataz on February 15, 2006, 07:35:22 AM
2001 a space odyssey 70mm restored print on monday at the coolidge corner theater in boston. i think at 7.

i'm trying to get some purchase students together to carpool... if any xixaxers can get up to purchase, then the offer is extended. it'll prolly be about $15-$20 person per person as soon as i can find somebody with a car willing to go.

bonanzataz

Quote from: permanent username on February 15, 2006, 01:14:12 PM
Quote from: bonanzataz on February 15, 2006, 07:35:22 AM

i'm trying to get some purchase students together to carpool... if any xixaxers can get up to purchase, then the offer is extended. it'll prolly be about $15-$20 person per person as soon as i can find somebody with a car willing to go.

no, don't do that. i'm getting there late, i don't want it to sell out.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Reinhold

that theater is supposed to be enormous. anyway, it looks like nobody here (at school) is interested. i'd take the china town bus, but i'd be screwed for a way back after the screening.

grand theft sparrow

ATTENTION NYC XIXAXERS!

2001 is playing at the Ziegfeld on 54th and 6th starting Friday 3/17. It's alternating with Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  Show dates are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday... no idea why no shows on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday.

Unfortunately, regarding both films, I don't know what prints (35mm or 70mm in 2001's case; original, special edition, or extra special edition in CE3K's case) they are showing.