Hercules

Started by Kal, November 07, 2012, 06:50:57 PM

Kal

Our next Radical Studios film was announced today! Directed by XIXAX Favorite Ratner!

Paramount Producing Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' With MGM

Paramount Pictures is joining Brett Ratner's Hercules adaptation as a producer alongside MGM, the studio announced Wednesday.

As previously reported, the film will star Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Hercules will begin production in early 2013.

The ensemble action film will be based on Radical Studio's graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars -- a revisionist take on the classic Greek myth. In The Thracian Wars, the supernatural does not exist.

The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner are producing; Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger are executive producing.

Johnson, an action film mainstay, will next appear in Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which the studio also is co-producing with MGM. Johnson is also set to appear in Pain & Gain and the sixth Fast and Furious film -- both also Paramount projects.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/risky-business/hercules-dwayne-johnson-brett-ratner-387516

MacGuffin

Release date: July 25, 2014

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane, John Hurt, Joseph Fiennes, Rufus Sewell

Directed by: Brett Ratner

Premise: Having enduring his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Sometimes I try to give my close personal friend Brett the benefit of the doubt, but this somehow looks so much worse than we could have even imagined.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Oof. Yeah.

That voiceover sounds like bad videogame cutscene acting. That couldn't be in the actual movie, could it?

And that is the most CGI boar that I've ever seen.