Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

elpablo

here's a crazy article about the map from entertainment weekly with close ups of the map that you can read.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1178388_3_0_,00.html

Kal

Tonight's episode wasnt very exciting... I like Hurley and it was good to see the bald jewish guy from Sex & the City acting loco... but the episode in general was bad, slow, and not very exciting. It didnt make me believe for one second that what was happening for Hurley was true.

I also wanted to see more of what I guess we'll see next episode related to Henry Gale, the Hatch, etc. Last episode was so good, that this one dissapointed me.

Sawyer's remarks are always funny... last week when he told Hurley to go back to the buffet, and today when he was talking about open the mini-markets and hiring Sayid to work there... he is just funny. I'm also dying to see if he will ever find out about Locke and the real Sawyer... anyone remember the many conversations when Locke didnt want to call him Sawyer and pissing him off? Good stuff.

RegularKarate

Yeah, this episode may have been the most predictable one yet.

Speaking of predictability, I'll betcha money that he's building a church.

modage

yes i knew his friend was imaginary right away, (in a post-6th sense world you can no longer fool me if nobody else acknowledges him except the doctor who knows hes crazy), but i thought the places they went with it were great.  plus the backstory actually managed to shed more light on the hurley character unlike some other ones that have been more or less treading water.  he really IS crazy.  and the last moment was awesome.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 06, 2006, 12:14:04 AM
Yeah, this episode may have been the most predictable one yet.

Speaking of predictability, I'll betcha money that he's building a church.

Yes.  And yes.  But it wasn't all bad.  Watching Hurley go Ralphie in A Christmas Story on Sawyer was worth all the contrivances.

diggler

they never have two show stopping episodes in a row. this was another diversionary episode, although i must say that last reveal was pretty great.  i thought libby was a rather uninteresting character until this point. 

hurley: "no girl like you would ever like me"

libby: "it's a good thing i'm CRAZY!!" :yabbse-grin:
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

JG

it was a good enough episode, but that last moment was done so poorly, come on.  the dramatic music.  the slow pan. 

what it was revealed was cool.  the way it was done.  not so much. 

elpablo

I would say that it was the best out of all the filler episodes. Hurley's story was interesting.

I wish they could find a better way to kill time on this show though. When they're killing time, you know they're killing time, and it's killing me. Most of these episodes could be shortened to half an hour and still say everything they need to. There's a difference between suspense and just dragging it out as long as you possibly can.

Kal

Problem for me is they shouldnt be killing so much time having so many things going on and so much to resolve... damnit!!

grand theft sparrow

Looks like RK was right.

RegularKarate

Tonight was kinda slow, but I liked it.  I'm a fan of those two and was looking forward to thier reunion throughout the first season and a half and was happy to get to see a little more, even though it was yet another kinda predictable episode.

Quote from: hacksparrow on April 12, 2006, 08:26:09 PM
Looks like RK was right.

wanna know how it ends?

polkablues

I liked how this was the first episode in a long time that actually seemed aware of how many different story threads the show is currently juggling, and tried to at least touch on all of them.

All I can say is, thank god for Henry Gale.  I dig that guy more and more with each self-satisfied smirk.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

i thought tonights was a repeat,  i read a whole article about it...damn.

Gamblour.

Quote from: polkablues on April 13, 2006, 01:19:56 AM
I liked how this was the first episode in a long time that actually seemed aware of how many different story threads the show is currently juggling, and tried to at least touch on all of them.

All I can say is, thank god for Henry Gale.  I dig that guy more and more with each self-satisfied smirk.

Agreed and agreed.

I have been behind for the past month or two, so I finally got caught up over the past week. The Henry Gale character has made season 2. It's such a dynamic story, completely showcasing the boundaries of friend/enemy relationships on the show. And that you know he's bad, but still want to trust what he says. Goddamn, he is so well written.

Hurley's episode was sooo boring and really, as has been said, contrived. Bruce Davison was nice, but even he couldn't save it. Yesterday's was pretty good, though I'd always imagined that they had been a couple for a long, long time. They seem to have the "I've known you forever" kinda relationship. But whatever. It's all pretty good, I'm excited to see what they do with the map, Kate and Jack, etc. And the entire episode, I was wondering where Michael had been for 7 or however many episodes. That's gonna be awesome.
WWPTAD?

diggler

anyone else check micheals afro? finally some hair continuity!
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty