What is the name of the camera Paul is seen with in this photo?

Started by wiped_out, September 01, 2012, 11:55:22 AM

Pozer

haha so you can go make purchase of it immediately right? dont forget to pick up a pack of gummy bears along with it!

hilarious that the site name happens to be i'mnotobsessed.com.

i think it's a nikon 1 ...

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Camera-System-10-30mm/dp/B005OGQXJW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346518994&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+digital+cameras+interchangeable+lens

wiped_out

InTylerWeTrust

More important question is: 

What the fuck is Paul wearing?...   

But at least he's wearing a different shirt.  :yabbse-grin:
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

malkovich

Speaking of pictures of PTA with cameras, is that picture of him with the shaved head messing with Kubrick's 2001 camera ever gonna surface online?

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: malkovich on September 01, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
Speaking of pictures of PTA with cameras, is that picture of him with the shaved head messing with Kubrick's 2001 camera ever gonna surface online?

There ya go:

Cigsandredvines posted it on twitter around the time the trailer came out....

wiped_out

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

HeywoodRFloyd

It's actually not the same camera used in 2001: A Space Odyssey, In the early 1990s, in response to an increased demand for 65 mm cameras, Panavision introduced an updated line of 65 mm cameras and optics known as "Panavision System 65" or "Panavision Super 70", designed to compete with the rival Arri 765 camera. However, the lack of 70 mm projectors, combined with the fact that 35 mm digital stereo sound somewhat minimized the multi-channel sound advantage the 70 mm format had, meant that the format revival never really took off. This is the camera PTA used for The Master (also the same camera used in Hamlet & Far and Away)

The camera used in 2001: A Space Odyssey and Lawrence of Arabia is the Super Panavision 70.

mogwai

Pubrick

Quote from: Christian on September 02, 2012, 06:05:52 AM
I like PTA's choice of sneakers though.

New balance but what model specifically? And what size are they? How will I ever be a good director if I don't buy that shitty nikon camera and wear the same wrinkly ass shirt as him? Damn and now that i think of it what shade of grey is his neck beard/chest hair..I've been unbuttoning my shirt to the same ridiculous level but I am just not getting the same quality film making out onto the screen. What is wrong with me? I'm doing all the right, sane, logical things!
under the paving stones.

P Heat

^^
Shit made my day  :yabbse-grin:

Honestly though PT needs to take some pointers from Phoenix. He's always had a good look lol. You can't blame PT though, he as a wife and kids and no time to look all fancy.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrick on September 02, 2012, 08:04:38 AM

New balance but what model specifically? And what size are they? How will I ever be a good director if I don't buy that shitty nikon camera and wear the same wrinkly ass shirt as him? Damn and now that i think of it what shade of grey is his neck beard/chest hair..I've been unbuttoning my shirt to the same ridiculous level but I am just not getting the same quality film making out onto the screen. What is wrong with me? I'm doing all the right, sane, logical things!

Haha, have you tried checking dose nuts of yers? :yabbse-smiley:

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: modage on September 03, 2012, 06:37:00 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on September 02, 2012, 08:04:38 AM

New balance but what model specifically?

:yabbse-lipsrsealed:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-new-balance-new-sky-mw01gb-grey-yellow-p_id241197

Though if anyone buys them you have to cop to it in this thread.

Nice...   What about Joaquin's hipster boots though?   "I need those"