The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Alright so I guess the source is whoever first circulated and titled the script, right? As romantic as it would be, shouldn't we be reluctant to give too much credit to "the internet" and PTA fans? It's not as if crowd-sourced creativity was at work; readers of the script probably assumed that was PTA's title.

Stefen

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 17, 2012, 04:01:06 PM
Alright so I guess the source is whoever first circulated and titled the script, right? As romantic as it would be, shouldn't we be reluctant to give too much credit to "the internet" and PTA fans? It's not as if crowd-sourced creativity was at work; readers of the script probably assumed that was PTA's title.

Doesn't matter. The Playlist already took credit for it and they will surely remind everyone of it for years to come.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

ahaha and all of them came up with it at the same time.

"We unashamedly take credit for coining 'The Master' and to Paul we say, 'you're welcome, sir'."

Tictacbk

I think we should take credit for it.  Forrizzer69 came here to defend himself, and it was xixax that coaxed extra pages out of him. Surely we were calling it The Master by then, weren't we?

Kellen

Pubrick

"I wish PTA would make movies personally for me, also that he would suck my dick. It would be ever so trashy and sexy and fun."  - Bret Irrelevant Has Been Ellis
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on July 18, 2012, 05:32:16 PM
Ellis is a talented writer, but he's definitely one of those guys who came up in the 80s and still mistakes cocaine for wisdom.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Let's all retweet ourselves!

Quote from: Pubrick on July 22, 2012, 08:25:01 AM
It's weird that people have a sudden interest in him again, that canyons show can go to hell too. There's nothing he can do that gaspar noe hasn't already achieved with his odes to human scum.

Also let's never retweet that ass-hat garbage clown ever again.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on September 18, 2012, 01:23:14 AM

Eventually we'll all have posted here long enough that we'll have a self-quote for every situation and we never need to think an original thought again.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

Quote from: polkablues on September 18, 2012, 01:25:48 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on September 18, 2012, 01:23:14 AM

Eventually we'll all have posted here long enough that we'll have a self-quote for every situation and we never need to think an original thought again.

I, too, love Tim Burton!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ElPandaRoyal

Haha, at least this time he's kind of soft. He does mention PTA's huge talent.
Si

HeywoodRFloyd

Bret Easton Ellis is honestly a troll, I haven't seen anyone on twitter with as much shit leaking out of their mouth as him, continues to debase himself with every tweet. His name is not even worthy of being mentioned in this thread, even in a negative way.

Also for those of you, like myself, who have been searching for a 1080p High Bitrate version of the second trailer, Apple has released it in all it's glory.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/themaster/

French One Sheet Poster

HeywoodRFloyd

Best video interview I've seen so far, very insightful, also reminding me of PTA back in Boogie Nights/Magnolia days, don't really know why, but it does.

cinemanarchist

Never trust any famous author that tries to rent you their loft via Twitter.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

P Heat

that french poster is AWESOME!!!. why didn't P.T pick that one instead for the U.S. It gives that suggestion P.T made for Freddie and Dodd's need for each other, they're doppelgangers.  Also, thanks for the new video, I'll be watching it right now

Edit: Tictabk, that was seriously a good one.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P