Changeling

Started by MacGuffin, September 11, 2008, 04:40:18 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: October 24th, 2008 (limited)

Starring: Angelina Jolie, Amy Ryan, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Riki Lindhome

Directed by: Clint Eastwood 

Premise: A mother prays for the return of her kidnapped son. When her prayers are answered, however, she begins to suspect the boy who comes back is not her child. Inspired by true events that took place in Los Angeles in the 1920s.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

w/o horse

No anticipation?

I think it looks great.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

SiliasRuby

Oh hell yeah...Gonna be another great film about LA.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

The Most Hideous Poster of 2008?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

theyarelegion

The Most Hideous Movie of 2008?

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

My God, I'm an emotional wreck after seeing this film. It completely captures the emotional rollercoaster of the mother's plight and the lengths and obstacles faces in wanting her son back. Jolie shows so much in her reserved acting, and Clint is in top form here. A nice companion piece to L.A. Confidental in displaying the LAPD's corruption.

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

this is a great, overlooked movie. i'm not always into eastwood but it's hard not be amazed by how simultaneously caring and prolific he is. in this case the typical lengthiness works, because it's such a riveting story. it works like a long zoom-out, gradually exposing this epic manifestation of societal repression and power grabbing and incredible injustice all in the name of upholding this ugly and unquenchable ego... jolie totally deserves the nom. in fact i think the acting categories are the only thing the oscars got right this year (with the odd exception of course.) malkovich, feore, the captain, and amy ryan (who, yet again, i had to imdb to be sure it was her) are also so freakin good. even the kids are great. i should just say everyone in this movie is perfectly cast. and i love the look of the 20s and 30s.

Alexandro

Quote from: picolas on February 22, 2009, 06:46:05 PM
it works like a long zoom-out, gradually exposing this epic manifestation of societal repression and power grabbing and incredible injustice all in the name of upholding this ugly and unquenchable ego...

that's the best description of this film i can think of.

SiliasRuby

A beautiful drama that like Mac said is a wonderful companion piece to 'LA Confidential'. Angelina has done her best performance to date with stirring frustration and complete and utter angish. They perfectly captured Los Angeles in the late 20's early 30's. A complete quest for honesty in a city filled with turmoil and disenchantment. Just about the most terrific film that packs a real emotional punch. Go and search this out.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

completely agree with everybody here, great and engrossing film, it makes me so mad when there's abuse of power and I wanted to kill those doctors/nurses at the hospital, damn c***s.

in one of the extras i liked how the writer kept selling the script as a true story because if it was fiction it was just too much drama to be plausible.

highly recommended.

mogwai

I liked it too but some performances was a bit wooden. Like they said their lines in long ass sentences. But maybe that was the thang back in the 1920's. But I believe that Jason Butler Harner who stole the show with his performance as a psychopath.