Matt Is Doing A U.S. Road Trip And Wants To Meet YOU!

Started by matt35mm, June 12, 2009, 09:20:12 PM

polkablues

Be aware that direct flights between Albuquerque and Seattle are few and far between. I think Southwest Airlines has a non-stop flight now, but they're the only ones. Otherwise they stick you with a layover in Phoenix or Salt Lake, and it becomes a huge hassle.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Quote from: Megan Fox is a stupid bitch on June 16, 2009, 11:17:49 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. When you find out, let me know when you'll be in NM. I live in a studio so my place is pretty small, but I can most likely arrange for you to crash at a friends place (they're all cool). We can hang in Abq or Santa Fe. They're about 45 mins apart. I live in Abq, but I grew up in Santa Fe so I know my way around. If you can, try and make it for a weekend since I work long hours Monday-Friday.

Cool!  I will want to check out Santa Fe and Albuquerque, but am especially interested in the latter.  I'll keep in mind to try and be there for a weekend.

Quote from: ono on June 16, 2009, 11:21:01 AM
Duuuude.  This is what you call a documentary, especially if you veer off the Xixaxian path and go to all the dives and ratholes you can.

You can possibly come to Charlotte if you want, too.  Big city, lots to see here, I'm sure.  Make it Raleigh -> Charlotte -> Asheville, and it's pretty much the same distance, I think.  Depending on what I'm up to that weekend, a ride MAY be possible (a big ass MAYBE may).  And that would save you a bit of bus fare.

Yeah I'd like to come to Charlotte.  Of course a ride would be amazing (and obviously I'd pay for the gas), but whatever works for you.  I'd just be happy to meet you, and it would be great to be able to stay with either you or someone you know.

I haven't really decided yet on how to document this trip.  I will think more about that.

Quote from: Gamblour. on June 16, 2009, 11:22:05 AM
What a great idea. By the way, enjoy your time in England. That place forever has my heart, it's beyond wonderful.

Since Atlanta's already on your itinerary, we can definitely try and meet up. Don't have a couch to crash on, though.

Yeah I've lived here since September 2008.  It's been a good year, but I feel like things are naturally coming to a close and it will soon be the right time to leave.  I live in Brighton, where have you been here?

I would love to meet up with you.  I can find some other place to stay.

Quote from: Kurt Russell Creamed My Pans on June 16, 2009, 11:23:16 AM
buy travel insurance or have $500 on hand... you might get hurt or something and just want to head straight home.

Yeah I have over $1000 that I'm not planning to spend that's for this purpose.  Thanks, though, as it's an important suggestion.

Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2009, 12:04:17 PM
yes it means st louis, and it's all under control. all systems go.  This definitely has docu written all over it.

Excellent!  Thanks so much.  I look forward to hanging out with you.

Quote from: Kurt Russell Creamed My Pans on June 16, 2009, 02:27:22 PM
don't forget to spend a night in the grand canyon.

I've spent too much time in Arizona as it is.

Quote from: polkablues on June 16, 2009, 05:34:12 PM
Be aware that direct flights between Albuquerque and Seattle are few and far between. I think Southwest Airlines has a non-stop flight now, but they're the only ones. Otherwise they stick you with a layover in Phoenix or Salt Lake, and it becomes a huge hassle.

I've done some research into this, and there seem to be fairly frequent flights for about $150 (which is pretty affordable for me), with a short stop in Salt Lake City, UT.  Something like an hour wait.  That's not too much of a hassle, but thanks for looking out for me.

Thanks everyone!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

When have you been in Kalamazoo, Matt?  I lived there for a spell, and grew up most of my life in Battle Creek which is half an hour away.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Oh I was just there for a few days about 4 years ago.  Kalamazoo, Three Rivers, and up to Lake Michigan.

Gamblour.

Quote from: matt35mm on June 16, 2009, 09:33:46 PM
Yeah I've lived here since September 2008.  It's been a good year, but I feel like things are naturally coming to a close and it will soon be the right time to leave.  I live in Brighton, where have you been here?

I lived in London for six weeks and have only been back once, but it's where I want to end up.
WWPTAD?

Reinhold

Quote from: matt35mm on June 17, 2009, 10:10:29 AM
Oh I was just there for a few days about 4 years ago.  Kalamazoo, Three Rivers, and up to Lake Michigan.

haha, you counted three rivers? what the hell is there that could have caught your attention?  (i lived four miles south of there for a short spell)
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gold Trumpet

I dated a girl from Kalamazoo and went to a wedding last summer in Battle Creek. Apparently Reinhold went to school with the bride.

Reinhold

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on June 18, 2009, 12:05:29 AM
I dated a girl from Kalamazoo and went to a wedding last summer in Battle Creek. Apparently Reinhold went to school with the bride.

that means Walrus did, too. who was the bride?
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gold Trumpet

Her name before marriage was Allison Sherzer. I was friends with the groom and mainly knew her by association. She didn't like me too much.

ah you're totally not coming here, but i can kind of understand.
hm. i want to do this, too, but i don't think anyone here would want to meet me.

Reinhold

Quote from: 03 on June 21, 2009, 03:07:11 PM
ah you're totally not coming here, but i can kind of understand.
hm. i want to do this, too, but i don't think anyone here would want to meet me.

where are you? and while i'm at it, where's more of your photography?

alabama.
and i dont really do photography anymore
i draw murals now

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

You probably don't fit in very well there, do you?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.