Even bums know PTA

Started by aurora, February 25, 2003, 05:00:01 PM

modage

yeah thats their 'thing'.  inventive bums always have a story about how they just need this much money to get back to wherever the hell they're going and there is this many excuses why none of the 'well why dont you just do this?' will work cause they've thought of all the angles and have perfected their pitch to win as many suckers as possible.

one night here at like midnite or somethign some dude came knocking at my door and said he needed 30 bucks or something to pay AAA cause he locked his keys in his car and his wallet was in there and they wouldnt open up the car until they had the money, and he just moved in down the hall and he didnt know anyone in the city, etc...  remind me why i hate people again?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Which is why they should be fair game for us to hit with our cars...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

RegularKarate

Quote from: themodernage02
one night here at like midnite or somethign some dude came knocking at my door and said he needed 30 bucks or something to pay AAA cause he locked his keys in his car and his wallet was in there and they wouldnt open up the car until they had the money, and he just moved in down the hall and he didnt know anyone in the city, etc...  remind me why i hate people again?

I got almost the exact same thing when I was living in Florida.  Dude knocked on my fucking door, said that he had to pay for a tow-truck and his wife and kids were stranded... "I live next door, if you can lend me something, I can wheel my vcr over until I get the money back to ya"... of course I never saw the five bucks I gave him (just because I was in awe and a little scared that he might do something to me) or any vcr.  

They come to your door now, like it's Halloween or something.

Pubrick

some of those bum stories need work on their endings..

like slick shoes, did u run away or what?
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

When I lived in a basement suite in Burnaby, I had the door open one pleasant summer day, and was playing guitar. Suddenly this man comes to the screen and wants to talk to me. Little paranoid fucker that I am, I let him talk through the screen. He gives the same old song and dance ('cept in BC it's always "I've gotta get back to Surrey or Richmond"). I'm flabbergasted at the balls on this guy to, like RK said, come to my door to panhandle. So I tell him I'm a student, and I'm pinching pennies, but, uh, he could try asking my landlady. Which is funny because you'd think it was real weak of me to send him up to a poor old defenceless lady, but she was anything but that. Coolest landlady ever, and it's a shame she wasn't home, cos she would've tore him a new one. Anyway, he just split... probably one house over.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Slick Shoes

Wanna hear some fucked up shit?

A guy I went to high school with urinated on a bum he found asleep in an alley, then beat him to death. He's in jail now: 25 to life. The end.

modage

Quote from: Slick ShoesWanna hear some fucked up shit?

A guy I went to high school with urinated on a bum he found asleep in an alley, then beat him to death. He's in jail now: 25 to life. The end.
well i know sometimes i just want to 'kill a bum' but that guy actually lived the dream.  for that, i salute him.  25 to life is pretty harsh for just doing his part to clean up the streets.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Quote from: themodernage02

well i know sometimes i just want to 'kill a bum' but that guy actually lived the dream.  for that, i salute him.  25 to life is pretty harsh for just doing his part to clean up the streets.
I really hope you're kidding.  If not, that pretty much kills any respect I had for you.  Reminds me of American Psycho.  It's one thing to feel that way, but to act on it pretty much removes you from the human race.

I live in a town where there is a questionable amount of homeless people.  Bums, panhandlers, what have you.  Yeah, they're really annoying, especially the clean-cut ones who are just pretty fucking lazy, out for a handout, or trying to take advantage of people's kindness.  But there are some you can tell who have fallen on hard times and are legitimately in need of help because of things they can't help.  One thing I saw a couple weeks ago was a guy probably in his mid thirties out near a highway onramp with his daughter, who was probably nine or ten.  It sucks, especially in situations like that.  It's one of the great social problems of our society, one that's ignored by government, and whoever is able to help, but just won't.  I have no sympathy for those who won't get a job and work, but every human being who will deserves at least a roof over their head, and better treatment than you describe.

modage

yes i was kidding,   *(sigh)   :?

ono

Fair enough.  These days, you never know, as I do know people who are kind of serious about that sort of thing.  They call themselves "conservatives."  A curious people at that.

Henry Hill

my initial reaction to that is  :lol:  i shouldnt laugh, its not funny.  :oops: