Why Wilson Bros, why ?!

Started by Pas, May 20, 2003, 11:55:49 AM

chainsmoking insomniac

That sounds great.  I hope Jerry Stiller will be in it....O my God  :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Col working 'Outsourced' pitch
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Columbia Pictures has picked up "Outsourced," a comedy pitch from Timothy Dowling with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson attached to star. Eric Gold is producing through his Mosaic Media Group. "Outsourced" focuses on an American factory that is shut down and moved to Mexico and two men from the production line who venture south of the border to get their old jobs back. Columbia director of development Jonathan Kadin will oversee the project alongside co-president of production Doug Belgrad. Mosaic's George Gatins will oversee development of the project with Gold.

Dowling is best known as the writer of "George Lucas in Love," a short film parody that melded "Shakespeare in Love" with the making of "Star Wars." Vaughn most recently starred in "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," while Wilson stars in the upcoming "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou." The two are teaming for "The Wedding Crashers."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

MacGuffin

Wilson Says HELLO to Adaptation
Owen Wilson will make a dramatic turn in story focusing on the reporting of the Bosnian civil war.
Source: FilmStew.com

Multi-hyphenate Owen Wilson, who was last seen with Ben Stiller and Barbra Streisand in Meet the Fockers, has gone into his own bank account to option the tome Hello to All That: A Memoir of War, Zoloft and Peace by journalist John Falk. Wilson will both produce and star in the adaptation, and it's not clear whether he'll adapt the script himself or hire a writer.

In his fact-based novel, Falk tells of how he drew himself out of a suicidal state by traveling to Sarajevo during their civil war in 1993 equipped with only primitive recording devices and a tube sock filled with Zoloft with no experience as a journalist. After winning over the trust of a local family, they set him up with an exclusive interview with a Bosnian sharpshooter, and he, in turn, helped secure college scholarships to American universities for their teenage kids.

The book was published by Henry Holt. Wilson has no company or deal, but he hopes to set it up at a studio.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

has anyone heard anything lately on the Wendell Baker Story?

last i heard it is premiering at South by Southwest in March.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Wilson Takes Two
In one day, Owen Wilson seals two deals to star in two separate comedy projects.

In one short day, Owen Wilson signed on to star in and produce two comedy spec scripts. They are Stalker - A Love Story for Paramount and Me, You and Dupree for Universal. They were sold for seven figures each.

Stalker - A Love Story is about a man who, after realizing too late that he's let the perfect woman get away, tries to win her back in all the wrong ways. Michael Carnes and Josh Gilbert wrote the script, and Prospect Pictures principals Matthew Weaver, Carl Levin and Marcos Siega are producing. Jason Barhydt is co-producing.

Me, You and Dupree, by Michael LeSieur, is about a troubled newlywed couple whose problems are magnified when the groom's out-of-work meddlesome best man moves in and begins competing with him. Sean Perrone and Aaron Kaplan are executive producing.

Wilson will next be seen in New Line's Wedding Crashers. He recently appeared in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and Meet the Fockers. He's been very productive of late, having also optioned journalist John Falk's book Hello to All That: A Memoir of War, Zoloft, and Peace, which he will star in and produce.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The 'Ex' files: Wilson eyes Regency lead
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Luke Wilson is in negotiations to topline "Super Ex" for Regency Enterprises. Ivan Reitman is on board to direct the feature, which is being produced by Gavin Polone from a script by Don Payne, an Emmy winner as "The Simpsons" writer/co-exec producer.

The story centers on a man who finds out that the woman he is dating is a superhero; she decides to use her powers against him after he breaks up with her for being too controlling and neurotic.

Wilson recently wrapped shooting on "The Family Stone." His recent credits include "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" and "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde." He also toplined "The Wendell Baker Story," which he wrote and co-directed with brother Owen Wilson.

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

I think Owen only had an acting part in Wendell Baker.
I thought it was the other Wilson bro, Andrew "futureman," who co-directed.

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigideasI think Owen only had an acting part in Wendell Baker.

That's right.

They should have talked Owen into helping write it because it sucks.

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: bigideasI think Owen only had an acting part in Wendell Baker.

That's right.

They should have talked Owen into helping write it because it sucks.

really? you've seen it?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

i wondered if Wes Anderson would be a big influence on it.

MacGuffin

Luke Wilson Is Barry Munday
Actor joins new novel-based comedy.

Luke Wilson (Old School, The Royal Tenenbaums) may join the forthcoming Prospect Pictures' comedy Barry Munday, reports today's Variety.

The film's story would center around Wilson's character, a womanizer who wakes without his "family jewels" after an irate father attacks him with a trumpet. Well, that sounds really great so far. As the trade says, things seem to go from bad to worse as he learns that he's being sued for paternity by a woman he can't even remember having sex with.

Chis D'Arienzo will write and make his feature-directing debut with the film which is based on Frank Turner Hollon's novel Life Is a Strange Place.

Amy Adams (The Wedding Date, Catch Me If You Can) is in talks to co-star.

Variety adds that Luke's brother Owen Wilson is set to star in another Prospect Pictures project, the Paramount-based Stalker, A Love Story.

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Report: Actor Owen Wilson in suicide try

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 26 (UPI) -- Actor Owen Wilson was taken to a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday, reportedly after attempting suicide.

Wilson was transported to St. John's Hospital. Citing sources, The National Enquirer and Star magazine said the star of "Wedding Crashers" and "Starsky & Hutch" had cut his left wrist and taken an undetermined amount of pills.

He was found by a family member who called for help.

Santa Monica police confirmed only that the actor had been taken to a hospital, TMZ.com reported.

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department," the police said in a news release. "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

Citing medical privacy laws, the police did not release any further information.

The Enquirer said Wilson's wrist was stitched and bandaged at the hospital, and that Wilson would "be detoxed."

A call to Wilson's publicist was not immediately returned. TMZ said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2007/08/26/report_actor_owen_wilson_in_suicide_try/9736/
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

matt35mm

Holy shit.

I hope he'll be able to recover, mentally and physically, from this.  Still, it's going to add a bizarreness to watching The Darjeeling Limited, as well as his future works (provided there are any).