kill bill is perfect except for:

Started by md, October 13, 2003, 03:48:27 AM

md

the huge continuity error in one still fucking dope scene?  

actually im being nitpicky, but its defintatly noticable.

edit: i dont want to give it away, but did anyone else notice it, or were you too engaged at the superb storytelling?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Sleuth

Uhhhhh, why don't you put a spoiler warning because I have no idea what you're talking about
I like to hug dogs

cine

This thread is confusing. If the title is "kill bill is perfect except for:" then isn't it just going to be for the people who have seen it and can discuss, therefore making it naturally full of spoilers for the ones who have not seen it. I guess there could a REMINDER that its going to be all spoilers.. but its clearly for the people who saw it.

So please give it away, md..

modage

one continuity error (although a small one) is that when she crosses out O-ren's name on her notepad.  the name is written in black ink.  while the scene in which she makes the list all the names are written in red, with the numbers black and i'm assuming the black will be better to cross through them with.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

In the translation, Cottonmouth is translated into the french equivalent for "Diamond Python" what the fuck

md

hmm, you guys seemed to misinterpret my post.....here is the error that i noticed

SPOILER--a shitty one at that

when lucy lui is in the beamer i think it is, with the crazy 88's on the crotchrockets, you can see a very large continuity error in the placement of the bikes when they cut to the interior shot of the car.   that is the only thing (that i found atleast) wrong with the movie....technically speaking....sorry for the confusion and yes bim being nitpicky

and if you havent seen this movie by now, godspeed.  and dont give me the excuse that you have a life to live, because we are all film geeks
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

MacGuffin

Quote from: mdSPOILER--a shitty one at that

when lucy lui is in the beamer i think it is, with the crazy 88's on the crotchrockets, you can see a very large continuity error in the placement of the bikes when they cut to the interior shot of the car.   that is the only thing (that i found atleast) wrong with the movie....technically speaking....sorry for the confusion and yes bim being nitpicky

Whaaa???

The only thing I noticed is was after The Bride goes to Tokyo and stares at Sofie in her car while waiting at the traffic light, The Bride drives her motorcycle into the 3rd Street tunnel in Downtown Los Angeles.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Quote from: mdhmm, you guys seemed to misinterpret my post.....here is the error that i noticed

SPOILER--a shitty one at that

and if you havent seen this movie by now, godspeed.  and dont give me the excuse that you have a life to live, because we are all film geeks

Good thing for the spoiler warning. You might've ruined that crucial scene for some people.
WWPTAD?

md

no problem playa, just trying to watch out for the other people on the board....and to ruin it even more, mac, look at the positioning of the bikes, the are all in front of the car, yet in the interior shot, the two bikes our positioned in the back of the beamer, almost like they are the headlights of another car in back, but really two crazy 88's riding behind lucy.  If you saw it you could notice the obvious error.  thank you and good night

©brad

i see no reason why this couldn't have been discussed in the kill bill thread.

Quote from: MacGuffin
The only thing I noticed is was after The Bride goes to Tokyo and stares at Sofie in her car while waiting at the traffic light, The Bride drives her motorcycle into the 3rd Street tunnel in Downtown Los Angeles.

hahah. nice.

thedog

When Sonny Chiba throws the sushi-makin'-knife onto the wall, the knife sticks there vertically upright. Then in the next cut it's slanted slightly to the left, and then in the next cut it's slanted slightly to the right.

RIPOFF.

modage

according to imdb...

Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The many continuity lapses and other apparent technical errors are a matter of deliberate stylistic choice in this pastiche of 1970s "B" action movies.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

just saw the movie again, looking for the motorcycle continuity error. yes, the motorcycles move to the front of o-rin's car in the daylight, but then they cut to uma on the plane, and then it's nighttime in tokyo and we see an interior shot of the car where the motorcycle headlights are present. the reason for this "continuity error" is that the shots take place at two different times.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Another gaffe I just remembered, it's actually in the year 2004 when Uma Thurman will Kill Bill.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls