What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

markums2k

Quote from: Recce***SPOILER***
I think that the Zion 'reality'(I mean where the city is, supposedly the real world) is actually a Matrix within the Matrix. And it was created for that 1% of the population that don't accept the first matrix(as was explaned by that guy with the beard, the architect).

***MORE SPOILERS, THRU ENTIRE POST*** (but who HASN'T seen this thing yet?)

I believe this is EXACTLY what the Architect was telling Neo.  It's just a game, looping over and over.

How did Agent Smith's copy escape the Matrix near the beginning of the movie.  He's just a program.  How could he manage to have any sort of existence in the "real world"?  Has he actually occupied the brain of that Bane character?  Maybe, but my bets are on the possibility that Zion is really just part of the Matrix.

And, really, how would Neo "feel" the sentinals.  I don't buy that the Matrix is a part of him now.  Again, how would that give him power outside of the Matrix.  If some of the program has joined with his brain, so what?  

Geez... I dunno.  Whatever happens, I'm going to need to change my underpants after I see Revolutions.   :-D

If they have yet to escape the Matrix, I wonder what the REAL real world will be like.

Also, I think once we all know how this turns out, the technical, psuedo-philosophical gibberish in Reloaded will make a lot more sense.  Even if it doesn't, I still get a kick out of watching the characters recite those weird lines so effortlessly.  Weeeeeee...

sphinx

lotsa spoilers

sphinx thinks that neo's connection to the sentinels is the same connection as his mysterious one to agent smith that he speaks of just before they fight.

i suspected that zion might be another matrix, but i can't see a way for the storytellers to justify this without pissing everybody off, what with all the questions posed in this film, it would just seem like a bit of a cheat if everybody said that nothing was ever real.  

i was very surprised to see that everybody in zion died, and there are essentially like 20 free humans left or something?  it certainly closes some doors for the possibilities of the next movie

Banky

zion was not destroyed.  A bunch of ships trying to counter attack the sentinals were destroyed.

RegularKarate

SPOILERS

I would buy that the real world that they are in at the end of the movie is a part of the matrix... maybe a clone of the real world... but just at the end... not that it's been like that the whole time.  Neo says something like:  "something's different, I can feel them now" suggesting that it wasn't like that before.

What about this?  What if Neo is halfway between both worlds?  He only partially left the Matrix, which might explain the "coma" he's in.

Sleuth

SPOILERS FOO

I really really really don't want the Matrix-within-a-Matrix.  RK, your idea of just at that end part is interesting...anything but "it's been a Matrix within a Matrix the whole time"

K END FOO
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

also: anybody know what that structure made of code was at the beginning of the movie when the camera drops down into the code after going through the letters?

Sleuth

The clock for the security guards to clock out of, wasn't it?
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxalso: anybody know what that structure made of code was at the beginning of the movie when the camera drops down into the code after going through the letters?

Now that you mention it, it looked like one of the huge machines that closed the gates to Zion. Another idea that Zion is part of the Matrix?

Look what I found:

Architect: Hello, Neo.

Neo: Who are you?

A: I am the architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions and although the process has altered your consciousness you remain irrevocably human. Erego some of my answers you will understand and some you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

N: Why am I here?

A: Your life is the sum of the remainder of an unbalenced equation inherant to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomoly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. Whle it remains a burden assiduously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

N: You haven't answered my question.

A: Quite right. Interesting... That was quicker than the others.

(Neos in the background) "Others? What others?" etc.

A: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from one integral anomoly to the emergence of the next in which case this is the sixth version.

N: If what you say is true then there are only two possible explanations. Either no one told me, or no one knows.

A: Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering the anomoly is systemic. Creating fluctuations in even the most mundane, simplistic equations.

N: (Neos in the background) Angrily shout, profanities, etc.

N: Choice. The problem is choice.

---Cut to Trinity fighting Agent

A: The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art. Flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherant in every human being. Thus I redesigned it. Based on your history. To more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was, again, frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. thus the answer was stumbled upon by another. An intuitive program, intitially created to invesitgate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the Matrix, she, would undoubtedly be its mother.

N: The Oracle.

A: Please. As I was saying she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly ninety-nine percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice. Even if they were only aware of the choice on the unconscious level. While this answer functioned it was obviously fundamentally flawed. Thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomoly. That if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Erego, those that refuse the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

N: This is about Zion.

A: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. It's evewry living inhabitant terminated, it's entire existence eradicated.

N: Bullsh**.

A: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it. And we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

---Cut to Trinity fighting Agent

A: the function of The One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals: 16 female, 7 male to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this p[rocess will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix. Which, coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in th extinction of the entire human race.

N: You won't let it happen. You can't. You need human beings to survive.

A: there are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However the relevant issue is whether or not you ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. I it is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of The One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis a vis, love.

N: Trinity.

A: Apropos. She entered the Matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

N: No.

A: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth where the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomoly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back into the Matrix to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion; designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth: she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

(Neo walks towards right door)

A: Hope; it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

N: If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

A: We won't.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

USTopGun47

I was very pleased with the Matrix Reloaded.  Despite the plot bashing, I found it to be quite nice for what it had to work with.  We have a Star Wars like relationship developing between our action heroes, we learn of the Oracle, tension is on in the city, multiple versions of the system and "renegade" programs.  We are left with doubt, suspense and the plot does develop.  Sure, action is the #1 ticket here, which more than compensates for any and everything.  But honestly, is the plot really that bad?
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Victor

A: Quite right. Interesting... That was quicker than the others.

(Neos in the background) "Others? What others?" etc.

A: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from one integral anomoly to the emergence of the next in which case this is the sixth version.

rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it. And we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of The One.

are you gonna eat with us too?

LittleNicky

the matrix reloaded... wow what a show. i've seen it twice so far and trust me if you left the theator confussed the first time you wont the second. after the second time things kinda fall into place. i have to admit some of the fight seens were a bit fake, but still awesome. alot of people i know, including myself, thought the end was really pointless... well take that back because it does have a point (neo isnt supposta control things in the real world) but the writters could have come up with something a little more creative. isn't that why theyre getting payed so much? well thats pretty much it kids.. o yeah one more thing. did any one else find the sex seen a little.. hilarious? :vamp:
nicky

Sleuth

SPLOIOELR

Quote from: LittleNickyalot of people i know, including myself, thought the end was really pointless... well take that back because it does have a point (neo isnt supposta control things in the real world) but the writters could have come up with something a little more creative. isn't that why theyre getting payed so much? well thats pretty much it kids.. o yeah one more thing. did any one else find the sex seen a little.. hilarious? :vamp:

You don't know why he did that yet, so you can't possibly judge the writers' reasons.

And no.  No.

EN
I like to hug dogs

Victor

the sex scene was one of the best ive ever seen. the way the color is and the music and all the sweat and makeup and bodies moving, it accomplishes something most sex scenes dont even bother trying for; it physically makes you hot.

and its one of the most believable and emotional pieces of the movie for neo and trinity. theyre having sex, but more than that, theyre holding each other.

and as everyone knows, end-of-the-world sex is the best kind of sex there is.
are you gonna eat with us too?

picolas

:roll: ..spoilers...

while everything seems to keep coming closer and closer into focus in my mind, one thing i have yet to understand is why the Matrix would allow for Zion to keep rebuilding itself in the first place...

Dirk

Did the sex scene remind anyone else of "Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears?  :?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.