Hard Eight DVD question

Started by filmcritic, August 18, 2003, 10:12:13 PM

filmcritic

I was listening to the isolated score on the DVD of "Hard Eight". I realized that there is a piece of music that plays in the scene when John and Clementine drive off to Niagara Falls and Sydney throws away the gun. The music that plays on the isolated score is different from what actually plays in the movie. Why would they replace the music that really played in the scene with something different? It's a shame it wasn't on the isolated score because it was one of my very favorite pieces of music that played in the movie. I guess that nobody has it, but could someone please, please, please make an mp3 of it??? Pm me if you do and it doesn't matter whether than dialouge is there or not while it plays.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

©brad

look u critic of film u, was it absolutely entirely necessary to start a whole new hard eight thread about this ultra-important dvd question of urs? what was wrong w/ the up-and-running hard eight thread still going strong? even u can do ur part to recycle the threads and help reduce redundancy pollution here at xixax.

Link

Quote from: ©bradlook u critic of film u, was it absolutely entirely necessary to start a whole new hard eight thread about this ultra-important dvd question of urs? what was wrong w/ the up-and-running hard eight thread still going strong? even u can do ur part to recycle the threads and help reduce redundancy pollution here at xixax.

Holy cow, he's talking to you like you're some chicken butthole-eating Pirate or something.  Pretty harsh.

filmcritic

Hey, Brad, this question is worth asking. I asked ptanderson.com about it and they told me to ask this board. So, I did.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

The question is definitely worth asking -- it's just that since there's currently a Hard Eight thread going strong, there's no reason you couldn't ask it there. I know that thread is about a different aspect of Hard Eight, but seriously, the way the threads evolve, no one's going to care, and you'll get an equal amount of response there.

The thing about threads is that the more there are, the bigger and slower the board gets. Starting new threads if fine, of course, but if you have something to say or ask that can be included in another thread, why not just put it there? It'll get just as much attention there, and then there won't be another tiny thread bogging down the rest of the board.

ono

Quote from: GhostboyThe thing about threads is that the more there are, the bigger and slower the board gets.
Technically speaking, that's not quite true.  Because of the way MySQL is (the database most used with this message board), only the amount of posts in all (not threads) is what would slow the board down.  And even the amount of individual posts wouldn't slow the board down all that much at all.  All posts from every forum and every thread are stored in one big data table, so the speed of access is the same give or take a few microseconds no matter where it's posted.

The reason for posting questions in the same thread then, is of course, just an aesthetic and organizational one.  In other words, this, filmcritic:
Quote from: GhostboyStarting new threads if fine, of course, but if you have something to say or ask that can be included in another thread, why not just put it there? It'll get just as much attention there, and then there won't be another tiny thread bogging down the rest of the board.
...is why you should post questions in threads that have already been started.

/geek-speak

As for the question itself, isn't that track Clementine's Loop?  Been a while since I've seen the flick, so I could be mistaken.

filmcritic

No, it's certainly not "Clementine's Loop". Everyone should go back and listen carefully. It's really easy and obvious to hear. But it's so wonderful! An mp3 is definetly needed!
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

mr_boz

hi there - i had a dream about this music once, and i wrote about it here:
http://www.exodus82.com/120101.html

- as far as an MP3 goes, i can definitely make one for you.  give me a day or two, and i'll put it online if you like.  if you don't mind, email me and i'll send you the hyperlink once i upload it:

chris@exodus82.com

as far as why they used a different piece in the film, i suppose they just though that it fit better?  that is kind of a cop-out answer, but i really have no idea.  i agree with you that it's a pretty awesome little bit of music.  it's called "christmas medley" if i recall correctly.

this is a pretty geeky bit of trivia relating to this sequence in the film too:  watch the overhead shot when sydney throws the gun and handcuffs into the sewer.  if you watch pretty closely, you can see the edit between these two shots.  ie:  it's not one continuous take.  look closely at the shadows in/around the grate and i think you'll see what i mean.

anyway - contact me via email and i'll hook you up........

-ccb

Pubrick

filmcritic, did u ask ur rank to be removed?
under the paving stones.

Cecil

Pubrick

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedwhat was his rank?
filmcritic
just ignore me
under the paving stones.

Cecil

hahaah, i never noticed that

ono

Heh, then I guess the rank worked.

mr_boz

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."