goldfrapp!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, August 08, 2008, 09:41:11 PM

Jeremy Blackman

This album is a masterpiece.

Every song is fantastic, but my favorites are Clowns, Happiness, Cologne Cerrone Houdini. I'm not going to say it's flawless, but this must be one of the least flawed albums I've heard in a while. It meets my first expectation of music (which I think is general inventiveness) and then exceeds it repeatedly. Good stuff!

Pas

Insane that there is no reply for this, really a great album. Shouldn't be missed.

mogwai

"happiness" is very good, i'm on the forth track on the album and so far so good.

Alexandro

Jeremy Blackman

This has definitely grown on me. "Eat Yourself" in particular (builds slowly and has a nice payoff).

Fernando

Thank you thank you for recommending this, Happiness is my favourite song so far, and its video is great as well, it has a really good vibe which in these times comes very handy, also I find amusing that the white suit guy kinda looks like a young Agent Coop (Kyle MacLachlan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So93Iny2HWI&feature=related

While I'm at it, thanks to stefen for putting the link of the new TVotR, mogwai and some other great stuff not to long ago. You guys are actually saving my (music) life, my buddies live in music hell, all they listen is 80's rock or worse, I can't stand most of the old stuff but more than anything I'm sick of it, always say to them, "move on damn it, you've been listening the same shit for years decades!"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on October 01, 2008, 04:51:17 PMI find amusing that the white suit guy kinda looks like a young Agent Coop (Kyle MacLachlan).

Yes! I was totally thinking that too.

Alexandro

i think that video would cheer up a rock. from now own i will play it every time i feel like crap.

squints

I can not stop listening to Animal Collective's remix of "Little Bird"

Great great stuff.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche