Alright....what do you think?

Started by SHAFTR, March 12, 2003, 03:04:26 PM

SHAFTR

actually it really doesn't matter what you think, but i'm curious.

I have this little notebook that I constantly am writing ideas for films. Motifs, shots, running jokes, etc.  The problem is that I have 0, 0 ideas for a plot of a film.  I have a DV Camcorder and I want to film something.  My roommate came up with this idea...so here it is.

The Moped Ranger
...A guy who drives around on a moped....
......basically think Raising Arizona

At first...I don't like the idea at all.  Now, I'm starting to think that it could be a fun little project to work on.  My idea is to do it B&W / widescreen; with no diegetic sound....just Intertitles.  I want it to be like a silent film.  The score will be made up of acoustic guitar and clarinett (possibly Trumpet too).  After a day of thought, I know what I want to intro to be with, general plot line, include a flashback, etc.
I want the film to have a serious tone to it...but still be funny.  I was thinking of having actors say a long line (silent) and than the intertitle be about 3 words and vice versa.  I was thinking the Dream Sequence can spoof off the Apocolypse Now Introduction.

Anyways...there is my current project.
Nothing great, I know...but atleast a start.

Now if only I can think of a plot for my own story.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ernie

I think it sounds fun...sounds like a road movie type thing, which I love. It's definitely original too, I don't think I've ever head of a silent road movie...cool idea. I don't know how fun it'll be for you to make if you don't have much help...but I think it's definitely a cool idea.