vincent gallo

Started by writedownhere, April 18, 2003, 05:24:03 AM

mogwai

Quote from: Bethie on November 06, 2005, 01:46:22 AM
Oh Vincent, so full of yourself, and looking to make someone else full of you..

:|

he's just full of shit and is willing to share some of it.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Ravi on November 02, 2005, 11:08:26 PM
QuoteIf the purchaser of the sperm chooses the option of natural insemination, there is an additional charge of $500,000. However, if after being presented detailed photographs of the purchaser, Mr. Gallo may be willing to waive the natural insemination fee and charge only for the sperm itself.

QuoteIf you have seen The Brown Bunny, you know the potential size of the genitals if it's a boy. (8 inches if he's like his father.) I don't know exactly how a well hung father can enhance the physical makeup of a female baby, but it can't hurt.

QuoteUnder the laws of the Jewish faith, a Jewish mother would qualify a baby to be deemed a member of the Jewish religion. This would be added incentive for Mr. Gallo to sell his sperm to a Jew mother, his reasoning being with the slim chance that his child moved into the profession of motion picture acting or became a musical performer, this connection to the Jewish faith would guarantee his offspring a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival or an Oscar.

hahahahaha..!!!!!

MacGuffin

Star Sperm for Sale

Britney Spears considered parting with her bra. Corey Haim tried to peddle a tooth. But no star appears willing to give of himself more than Vincent Gallo.

The indie film auteur apparently has offered to sell his sperm. For a Dr. Evil-esque $1 million.

"Price includes all costs related to attempt at an in vitro fertilization," the listing on the merchandise wing on Gallo's official Website says.

Fertilization by Gallo the old-fashioned way will run the buyer an additional $500,000, the site says, unless the star thinks said buyer is smoking hot in which case the additional fee is waived. (We paraphrase.)

Naming rights are not included in the purchase--i.e., any baby produced from Gallo sperm may not be called a Gallo, the site says.

An email and phone call to the acting, writing, directing multihyphenate were not returned. Unknown, then, is whether the site's serious, whether Gallo has had any takers, and how he's planning to ship the merchandise.

According to Gerry McKiernan, spokesman for the U.S. Postal Service, items such as sperm are indeed, as they say in the trade, "mailable."

"I would be very hesitant to say it happens all the time," McKiernan said Friday. "I would be very hesitant to say it doesn't happen."

In the supposedly anything-goes celebrity world, sperm sales are rare. Or at least they're not publicly advertised.

Judging by a post on his Website, Gallo began peddling collectibles--previously worn clothes, signed movie posters, semen--last month. The sperm is listed under "Miscellaneous."

The site vows that the sperm is "100 percent guaranteed" to be of the loins of Gallo, best known for his 1998 art-house hit, Buffalo '66, and that said owner-operator of loins is "drug, alcohol and disease free."

The buyer is informed that Gallo is 5-foot-11, an award-winning athlete and motorcyle racer, a dashing 43 (with "a distinctively full head of hair and...surprisingly few gray hairs"), with no family history of physical deformities. Or, as the site puts it: "No cripples."

Oh, and there's one other thing: An eight-inch-long penis. According to the site, Gallo has one.

"If you have seen Brown Bunny, you know the potential size of the [baby's] genitals if it's a boy," the site says. "I don't know how a well-hung father can enhance the physical makeup of a female baby, but it can't hurt."

If the buyer hasn't seen The Brown Bunny--it received an extremely limited release in 2003--it's now on DVD. Gallo's penis shares a scene with Chlo Sevigny at the end of the movie--the film's climax.

Um, really...

Following The Brown Bunny's disastrous premiere at the 2003 Cannes International Film Festival, critic Roger Ebert declared the movie "the worst...in the history of the festival." Gallo responded by cursing Ebert, and wishing prostate cancer on him. (Ebert was treated for a cancerous tumor of the saliva gland later that year. And a year after that, he awarded a three-star review to a recut Brown Bunny.)

In a 2004 interview with The Onion's A.V. Club, Gallo described his cruel remarks about Ebert as "partly humorous," and offered that he thought the reviewer was a "beautiful, interesting person."

Given that, perhaps the more incendiary sperm-sale copy on Gallo's site should not be taken at face value. Then again, humor does fail some when it comes to race and Nazis.

On the merchandise site, it's stated that Gallo "maintains the right to refuse the sale of his sperm to those of extremely dark complexions."

"Though a fan of Franco Harris, Derek Jeter and Lena Horne," the site says, "Mr. Gallo does not want to be part of that type of integration."

But wait, there's more: The Gallo site offers a $50,000 sperm discount to anyone--well, any female--who can prove she's naturally fair-haired and blue-eyed, and/or related to "any of the German soldiers of the mid-century."

Gallo's reproductive offer, however, does not rule out Jewish buyers, and, in fact, encourages them. It's said that the actor would consider his potential offspring's Jewish heritage a bonus, as this would "guarantee [the child] a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival."

No word if the $1 million covers shipping and extremely cautious handling.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Red Vine

Gallo on Howard Stern. Ebert calls in.

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

MacGuffin

Delpy, Gallo set for 'Last Mile'
Writer Rouquier will make directorial debut
Source: Variety

Julie Delpy and Vincent Gallo will co-star in the $10 million "The Last Mile," a thriller being launched at Cannes by international sales agent and French distrib Rezo.

Thesps play members of a criminally inclined group whose amateurish heist grinds to a halt when their getaway car becomes stuck in a monster traffic jam.

Pic produced by Christophe Mazodier's French shingle Polaris and co-produced by Delpy was written and will be directed by first-time helmer Philippe Rouquier.

Principal photography is slated to start in January, after Delpy has finished shooting her sophomore pic "The Countess."

Polaris produced Delpy's recent Berlin hit "Two Days in Paris," which began its international theatrical rollout in Germany on Wednesdayit's set for an August U.S. release.

Delpy will be coming to the Croisette for a junket to promote the culture clash rom-com, which was snapped up by distribs worldwide. The only territories still on the market are Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.

"The Last Mile" is the newest addition to a the titles being sold by Rezo, making its mark in Cannes this year with some six films across the fest's various selections, including Alexander Sokurov's competition pic "Alexandra," and with Eric Rohmer's "The Romance of Astrea and Celadon," which is probably bound for Venice.

Rezo has two more films in the official selection, Volker Schlondorf's out of competition, Kazakhstan-shot "Ulzhan," and Lola Doillon's Un Certain Regard selected helming debut "Just About Love?," a teenage comedy produced by Cedric Klapisch's Ce Qui Me Meut Prods.

Company is also handling two first films in Critics' Week, the Gallic historical actioner "Horse Thieves" and the Spanish pic "Yo."

A recent pick-up is "13m2," which will be screen in the Cannes market, about a gang of young robbers who are forced into hiding in a cramped bunker where nerves begin to fray. Pic is directing debut of French newcomer Barthelemy Grossmann, who also stars; it co-stars Berenice Bejo, seen recently in the hit comedy "OSS 117: Cairo Nest of Spies."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

i can't stop watching "honey bunny."
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

The Sheriff

i have mp3s of bohack's It Took Several Wives

(click here for LP cover, track listing, and to see a young vincent gallo)

if someone wants to hear it or host the mp3s, i ll send them.
id fuck ayn rand

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

New Feeling

hey I just scored a copy of Gallo's Brown Bunny commentary that he did for the Japan DVD.  Haven't listened to it yet but though I'd share.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ckmodlnzatu

Ghostboy

Thank you for this....

private witt

Quote from: New Feeling on March 06, 2009, 01:36:21 AM
hey I just scored a copy of Gallo's Brown Bunny commentary that he did for the Japan DVD.  Haven't listened to it yet but though I'd share.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ckmodlnzatu

This was a lot of fun to listen to.  Gallo is certainly as aware of his talents as he is unaware of why people can't tolerate him personally.  How could anyone sit there and call basically everybody they've ever worked with a "jerk", and then turn right around and ponder why they're so disliked by said "jerks"? 

And referring to his actors as needing to be "hypnotized" to get good performances out of them.  It's really too bad we don't have more eccentric geniuses like in the world, or maybe we do and our tolerance for such spoiled brat behavior has dissipated.  Perhaps that's why we get watered-down sanitized crap at the cinema time after time and keep lining up to watch the same predictable premises year after year.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Pastor Parsley

I was looking for any DVD that included the Buffalo '66 trailer.  It's not on the Buffalo '66 DVD.  It's on the VHS of Out Of Sight, but not on the DVD release.  Any help would be appreciated.

modage

Listen: Vincent Gallo Bashes Spike Jonze, Hollywood and More
Source: Cinematical

There really is no one quite like Vincent Gallo. To this day I adore Buffalo 66, but I sense there's a reason why everyone in that film looks so miserable, and it's probably because Gallo is a miserable man to work for. He's a play-it-straight kind of guy who follows his own set of rules, and if you don't go by what he says, then f*ck you, f*ck your family and get lost. That's the kind of guy he is. He's probably ruined every relationship he ever had in Hollywood by now (though he continues to get acting work, so someone obviously still likes him), and he hasn't directed a film since The Brown Bunny was booed out of Cannes back in 2003. But that doesn't mean he's not still wildly entertaining.

Our friends over at Hikari Takano have sent over this hilarious audio "conversation" with Vincent Gallo from a couple years ago. In it, Gallo goes off on several topics and bashes a number of actors and filmmakers in the process. Here's a preview of some of the stuff he talks about:

* How he fired Kirsten Dunst from Brown Bunny because her agent called him directly, and he refuses to talk to agents while making a movie.
    * If you work on one of his films, he decides what credit you get.
    * Eric Roberts had sex with Julia Roberts and that's why they don't speak.
    * Spike Jonze is an "embarrassing fraud" who knows nothing about anything, and is always the least interesting person at the party. He's just a rich Jew from New York who hung out with black people because he wanted to be cool.
    * Sofia Coppola will only be friends with people who can do stuff for her. "If she wants to be a filmmaker, she'll f**k a filmmaker. If she wants to be a photographer, she'll f**k a photographer."

* Steven Soderbergh and Wes Anderson suck. They're horrible filmmakers.
    * He also talks at length about his idol, Mickey Rourke.
    * Oh, and he referred to Francis Ford Coppola -- who recently gave him a role in Tetro, by the way -- as Sofia's "fat, pig father".
    * "Abel Ferrara was on so much crack when I did The Funeral, he was never on set. He was in my room trying to pick-pocket me."
    * "I wouldn't work for Martin Scorsese for $10 million. He hasn't made a good film in 25 years. I would never work with an egomaniac has-been."

The interview is split into two parts -- listen to part 1 and here's part 2. (Warning: The interview contains foul language and is NSFW)

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.