PDL - MTV Movie Award Nomination

Started by BrainSushi, April 14, 2003, 03:14:34 PM

BrainSushi

Are they trying to boost their image to the Indie/Art House crowd? Oh well, I'm cool with it. Go to MTV.com and vote for....

Adam Sandler and Emily Watson - Best Kiss.

oakmanc234

I love the MTV Movie Awards. I'm suprised the flick even got a nom (since it was so loathed by its youth audience). It's not gonna win, 'Spider-Man' kiss probably will. Sandler is bound to win for 'Deeds', though.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

the get dumber every year, but they were at their best when Sam Jackson hosted. "The Acting Awards" is truly amazing. no diggity

Duck Sauce

I voted. Its good to support the PTA even if he has no chance...

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

BrainSushi

I'd like to know whose getting "Best New Filmmaker." There are no nominees, it's more of an Honorary Award-type-thing, but it tends to be the only award that goes to a decent movie/person.

I don't think it's usually revealed until the awards actually take place (although the filmmaker who's getting it knows well in advance, of course)

I'm hoping they won't be giving it to Denzel or George Clooney.

Pubrick

i like it when jim carrey wins stuff.
under the paving stones.

oakmanc234

Yeah, Carrey is always hilarious at the MTV awards. Like when he went as a hippie (when he won for 'Truman Show') or when he delivered his speech 'telepathically' when he won for 'The Grinch'. Sandler & Ben Stiller always do funny speeches.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Victor

i want will ferrel to piss his pants again
are you gonna eat with us too?

bonanzataz

i can't believe it...

vin diesel AND queen latifah are BOTH nominated for acting awards this year! FINALLY SOME JUSTICE!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I'm rooting for PDL, of course, but I won't be upset when Spiderman wins. That's going to go down in history as an iconic screen kiss.

Ernie

Oh, cool...the only good MTV Show left after the fucking hilarious Andy Dick show got canned...I'll definitely vote and watch.

If Vin Diesel wins the award for acting...that bastard better thank god, he better thank god and his mom.

chainsmoking insomniac

There. I stuffed the fucking ballot box 100 times. It took me a little over an hour. No one can say that I didn't try. :)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

There. I stuffed the fucking ballot box 100 times. It took me a little over an hour. No one can say that I didn't try. :)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls