82 Obsession

Started by 82, July 13, 2003, 09:41:51 PM

Victor

Quote from: 82Does anyone else notice 82 in their daily lives?

Also.. this is probably best explained by Sol Robeson from Pi:

"Hold on. You have to slow down. You're losing it. You have to take a breath. Listen to yourself. You're connecting a computer bug I had with a computer bug you might have had and some religious hogwash. You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere."

yes, and that has always been the quote ive used to explain it. also, i constantly look at clocks at 9:11. im sure i look a lot at 9:26 too, but i always remmber when i look up and suddenly its 9:11.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Alethia

Quote from: Lester
Quote from: 82Does anyone else notice 82 in their daily lives?

Also.. this is probably best explained by Sol Robeson from Pi:

"Hold on. You have to slow down. You're losing it. You have to take a breath. Listen to yourself. You're connecting a computer bug I had with a computer bug you might have had and some religious hogwash. You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere."

yes, and that has always been the quote ive used to explain it. also, i constantly look at clocks at 9:11. im sure i look a lot at 9:26 too, but i always remmber when i look up and suddenly its 9:11.

i totally do the same thing.

boombanglarrabee

It's so great when people stop looking for signs and start being realistic.  I was obsessed with 73 for a while.  Seven days ago, this happened and 3 days later it was concluded.  Took the #7 bus and the #3 bus to get where I needed to go... on and on and eventually you realize you're looking for signs and things just sorta happen.  I dunno, the older I get, the less of a believer in fate and destiny and rituals and signs I am.  Ho hum.

TheVoiceOfNick

I have a friend who is like that with the number 42... he got me doing it too, until I came up with my own frickin number to obsess over... 101... now I write 101 into my scripts...

Nick

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI have a friend who is like that with the number 42... he got me doing it too, until I came up with my own frickin number to obsess over... 101... now I write 101 into my scripts...

Nick

Is he a douglas adams fan?
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

bonanzataz

i used to be obsessed with even numbers or equilibrium, i guess. if i did something to one side of my body, say, scratching my arm, i'd have to scratch the other arm. it manifested mostly in my teeth. i developed a tooth grinding or clicking thing where i'd click the left set of molars two times and then the right set of molars two times. sometimes together, until it felt like the sides of my mouth had been evenly clicked. yes, i'm insane.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

Quote from: bonanzatazi used to be obsessed with even numbers or equilibrium, i guess. if i did something to one side of my body, say, scratching my arm, i'd have to scratch the other arm. it manifested mostly in my teeth. i developed a tooth grinding or clicking thing where i'd click the left set of molars two times and then the right set of molars two times. sometimes together, until it felt like the sides of my mouth had been evenly clicked. yes, i'm insane.

Yeah, I'm like that too.  It's some sort form of obsessive complusive disorder, isn't it?
I like to hug dogs

ono

I used to be like what bonanzataz described when I was younger.  It is a start of an obsessive compulsive disorder.  See As Good As It Gets for more examples.  I used to count my ice cubes and always get a certain number when filling my glass (I think it was seven).  Stopped that years ago, though, thankfully.  Everyone has a few nervous tics here and there, though.

Vile5

Wow! there is maniac and insane people here, exciting!!  :yabbse-thumbup:
Well i don't know if i was obsessed, but i was like that with the letters
P T A, there is a place in Lima what is called Puerta Nueva or something like that, but to abridge the word Puerta the people here  put PTANueva and it's so funny see PTA everywhere
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Cecil

i used to be like that as a kid as well. i didnt think it was fair that one arm got scratched and the other didnt.

bonanzataz

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi used to be like that as a kid as well. i didnt think it was fair that one arm got scratched and the other didnt.

for me it's not about being fair, it's about being balanced. anyway, i was much worse 4 or 5 years ago than i am now.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

markums2k

I've noticed, when I write my scripts, I tend to put lots of words in them.  Like, a whole lot.

Maybe it's an obession?  I don't know.  I just find myself writing lots and lots of words and before I know it, I've got this whole big stack of papers with words on them.  All different kinds.  They just get in there somehow.

fulty

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
....All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
........All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Cecil

all work and no play makes cecil something something

ono