Critiques on my Freelancing Website

Started by Raikus, April 25, 2004, 12:05:53 AM

Raikus

//www.ideaity.com

I'm interviewing for a couple of jobs right now and needed to get my portfolio online. It's the first gen and I plan on doing more design elements to the page, but any suggestions on design and the work that's up? Are there some samples that hurt the presentation? Anything that seems sparse or more of one medium that needs more examples?

Thanks for your time.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

The gears make the front page dynamic & cohesive quite nicely. The light bulb could be brighter. "Knowhow" is one word.

and 'Ol is not a word, silly

molly

colors might be wrong for the site - don't use brown. It's depressing and it gives a stale atmosphere. Try using watery colors and very minimalistic design. Look for what's IN at this moment - see what leading website in your business are making. There is a fashion in web designing also.

Ghostboy

I don't mind the colors...on my monitor, it looks more like marbelized pink than brown.

Anyway, it's nice, but the front page kills it for me. It might look okay on an 800x600 monitor, but with a higher resolution, the whole thing is aligned off to the left, and the top and bottom framing graphics look like they're just sort of floating there in a sea of white, extraneous to the content they surround. I'd suggest putting a bounding box around the whole thing and centering it, or else making it graphically similar to the rest of the pages, which are arranged quite nicely.

I noticed you have no Flash content up yet, but when you do, perhaps you could also integrate a bit of Flash into the main content as well...a few buttons, perhaps...nothing that would take too long to load.

Raikus

Updated and revised.

Thanks for the original feedback. Let me know what you think of the second version if you've got some time.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Don't mention being lazy or even make mention of a "client"s fault.  There is no reason for that http://www.ideaity.com/flash.htm page.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"