Cartoons

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, April 10, 2010, 11:52:44 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I do a lot of hand drawn animation stuff, only the incomplete stuff I put on youtube.  Eventually I'll get a website and show more.  Here's a snippet from one in progress, any and all feedback is of course welcome.  It's only a minute and features some sync sound.

And this is an intro I was paid to do for a friend's not-for-profit documentary film company:

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Really liked the first one. Perhaps you could add some colors to weight it up. It reminded me a wee bit of the animation in "Pink Floyd - The Wall".

RegularKarate

I really love hand drawn stuff like this.  Especially like when the paper is a part of it... and your hand shadow during the doctor scene was a nice touch.

If you want critical feedback, I'd say the sound could be worked on.  I like the design of the sound, but I think the quality could be improved.  That Youtube clip has only audio in the right channel.  I don't know if that was intentional, but it comes off as distracting and makes it harder to pay attention for me... it flattens the sound.  Obviously sound design is hard, but with animation, if you're using it, it's important.

Anyway, I like the feel of everything.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 12, 2010, 11:44:45 AM
I really love hand drawn stuff like this.  Especially like when the paper is a part of it... and your hand shadow during the doctor scene was a nice touch.

If you want critical feedback, I'd say the sound could be worked on.  I like the design of the sound, but I think the quality could be improved.  That Youtube clip has only audio in the right channel.  I don't know if that was intentional, but it comes off as distracting and makes it harder to pay attention for me... it flattens the sound.  Obviously sound design is hard, but with animation, if you're using it, it's important.

Anyway, I like the feel of everything.

I do want critical feedback and I don't know why the sound is only in the right channel, the original file isn't like that.  I wonder if it was compressed in some way for youtube.

But yeah, I am still experimenting and attempting to understand sound design.  I'll keep you guys updated with my progress.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye