Eastbound & Down

Started by modage, February 09, 2009, 04:17:09 PM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

JG

i think this is a great show.

modage

HBO renews 'Eastbound & Down'
Source: EW

HBO has announced that it has commissioned a second season of the comedy Eastbound & Down. New episodes of the show, which stars Danny McBride as a disgraced baseballplayer, will probably be broadcast next year.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Nice! Still need to see the finale.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

matt35mm

Good stuff.  Really nice season finale.  I just hate having to wait so long to find out what happens next.

©brad

Quote from: matt35mm on May 30, 2009, 11:06:16 PM
Good stuff.  Really nice season finale.  I just hate having to wait so long to find out what happens next.

Just listened to a podcast w/ Jody Hill who said there might not be a what happens next... :yabbse-undecided:

matt35mm

©brad

Quote from: matt35mm on May 31, 2009, 05:37:18 PM
How do you mean?

He talked about he was kind of 50/50 on the idea of continuing the series, how his team felt they had completed the arc of mcbride's character and he wasn't sure if there was another good story to tell without being redundant.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©brad on June 01, 2009, 08:59:40 AM
He talked about he was kind of 50/50 on the idea of continuing the series, how his team felt they had completed the arc of mcbride's character and he wasn't sure if there was another good story to tell without being redundant.

Which I agree with.  I hope they can find something, but I think I would much rather see them find a new character and show to do.

modage

when is that interview from?  because HBO announced a renewal like 2nd season was a go.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

season's 2 so far has been way funnier than season 1.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

I forgot to watch last night, but the first episode had me dying. His Mexican sidekicks killed me.

Reel

don't miss the second one though, steps it up a notch.

cronopio 2

"oh, shit, sorry, that was margarita mix." i laughed that entire day.