punk band recommendations

Started by Ernie, March 31, 2003, 02:52:07 PM

Reed Rothchild

You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Mr. Joshua

Bad Brains
New Bomb Turks (only Information Highway Revisited, and Destroy! oh boy!)
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Alkaline Trio, they're very talented.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Cecil

Alethia

i hung out with good charlotte last november at a club called Saratoga Winners where my band plays frequently.  i didn't like them.  the drummer called me fat.  but i have since lost 60 pounds, so fuck him!  ( i seriously have tho).....

NEON MERCURY

ohhhh..and just for the record..I AM KIDDING ABOUT GOOD CHARLOTTE
THEY SUCK imo... i just wanted everyone to get their "one laugh a day".out of them......

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ewardi hung out with good charlotte last november at a club called Saratoga Winners where my band plays frequently.  i didn't like them.  the drummer called me fat.  but i have since lost 60 pounds, so fuck him!  ( i seriously have tho).....

..dude..that drummer  can't critizise any one ..he 's horrible ..i bet after all the money the band makes (unfortunatly) from thier pop-punk songs that high schoolers..drool over he seriously thinks he' revolutionized punk rock and the art or drumming...... :roll:

Alethia

yeah he was a dick.  i could drum circles around him.

Pwaybloe

Great.  Now I have "I'm a dic... I'm addicted to you," stuck in my head.  

That's one of their songs, right?

Alethia

yes sir.  my sister is in love with them.

Witkacy

Before yo all go ballistic on punk shit...know the punk shit.  Forget about anything  So-Cal (Bad Religion etc).  
Put on the Slits "Return of the Giant Slits" produced by Dennis Bovell... lt's a master piece of roots reggae and tribal punk.
Punk died in 1979 anything after is an invention of the media.

MacGuffin

Johnny Rotten film in works

John Lydon, a.k.a. Sex Pistols leader Johnny Rotten, is adapting his 1994 autobiography, "Rotten: No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs," for the big screen, according to England's NME magazine.

Lydon reportedly is working with director Penelope Spheeris, known to most as director of such comedies as "Wayne's World" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" but also a longtime chronicler of the pop music underworld in such documentaries as "The Decline and Fall of Western Civilization" and, more recently, "We Sold Our Souls for Rock 'n' Roll," about the Ozzfest heavy metal tour.

Because of the movie plans, Lydon's book also is being reissued in January. The title comes from a sign posted outside a hotel where the Sex Pistols once stayed while on tour.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks