Smells like teen spirit called best song of past 25 years

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, June 10, 2003, 07:37:02 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: NEON MERCURYUMMMMMM...vh1 ever heard STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN--i know it is played out but when i think of the" all-time greatest song", nirvana is the last thing to come to my mind :roll:

I think it was released before 1978.

:oops: ..... :lol: .........man i should have read carefully the subject- i did not notice the "PAST 25 YEARS" part..the quick re-action was caused by the fact i canot stand nirvana- and they stole "pretty much" all the thunder from the real Seattle band from that era PEARL JAM....i mean come on........how is THAT song the best in the past 25 years :?:

godardian

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: NEON MERCURYUMMMMMM...vh1 ever heard STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN--i know it is played out but when i think of the" all-time greatest song", nirvana is the last thing to come to my mind :roll:

I think it was released before 1978.

:oops: ..... :lol: .........man i should have read carefully the subject- i did not notice the "PAST 25 YEARS" part..the quick re-action was caused by the fact i canot stand nirvana- and they stole "pretty much" all the thunder from the real Seattle band from that era PEARL JAM....i mean come on........how is THAT song the best in the past 25 years :?:

I agree that "Teen Spirit," while great, is not the best song of the past 25 years.

But Nirvana were possibly the only really interesting band from Seattle's "grunge" scene that made it big. They were the only one I really liked, anyways. Mudhoney were okay, I guess. I cannot abide anything about Pearl Jam. To me, they're the antithesis of what nineties music was, and it was so spectacular in so many ways. They're dull, dull, dull.

I liked Hole better than either band. And I always preferred the Olympia stuff, myself.

By the way, I live here now, and the Seattle music scene is SO DEAD. Portland is where it's at. Sleater-Kinney, Dandy Warhols, etc. So much more interesting than the embers of the anti-artifice, subpar-pop Seattle thing.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.