xixax

Started by theworm, July 31, 2004, 11:59:59 AM

theworm

pete

try some werner herzog, particularly

Heart of Glass
Agurre, the Wrath of God
Fitzcarraldo

but I dunno, European movies weren't very good with sound design until the last two decades.

in Hero there is a great fight scene in the forest, but it might be too stylized in its sound design.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: thewormSo I'm hoping for suggestions of films that are 1985+.

:yabbse-angry:

The jungle sounds in here sound awesome for an 'old, dated' film.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

metroshane

The Emerald Forest is always  a winner.  And it just makes your 1985 quota.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Raikus

Heart of Darkness
Conga
Medicine Man
Fern Gully
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

samsong

Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall... and Spring

NEON MERCURY

Raikus

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
I know that this is the wrong thread, but I officially nominate this cover as "Worst DVD Cover", if for nothing else than making me think Gary Busey is Ice T.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ravi

Does The Mission count?

pete

just to make this thread more ridiculous:

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

samsong

someone please lock this thread.

cine

Quote from: samsongsomeone please lock this thread.
Not yet!

mogwai

not quite yet...

A Matter Of Chance