Rate Lynch's Films

Started by j_scott_stroup04, December 15, 2003, 09:50:10 PM

Weak2ndAct

While it may not change your opinion if you already seriously hate Wild at Heart, it's pretty rare to find the *right* way to see the movie.

If you like the flick, and have been forced to watch the crappy Pan-and-Scan VHS that's on the market, to see the film in widescreen on the OOP LD, bootleg DVD, or if you're lucky enough to see it on the big screen (yay, film school was good for something), the intended vision Lynch put forth is truly a revelation.  The colors and widescreen compositions are just stunning.  Seek it out!

Ghostboy

Yeah, when I saw it on the big screen for the first time last year (after learning to love it via that godawful VHS), there were things that I had never seen before -- entire scenes that lost all significance when viewed in the horrors of pan and scan. It was an entirely new movie. Of course, I already thought it was brilliant (although the first time I saw it I thought it was too lurid and schlocky to be enjoyable, fascination compelled me to watch it again and this time its beauty oozed from the screen like the sweat and other bodily fluids did from the characters on it).

Weak2ndAct

It's amazing how awful that old tape is.  The first hotel room scenes take place at sundown and are gorgeously lit.  On VHS, they look like they're at night!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndActto see the film in widescreen on the OOP LD

*carressing my copy*

Mmmmmmmm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURY3.0  twin peaks season 2....region two dvd......please..please give us the exact quality of season one ...that set is PERFECT...its the best dvd tv set out ever.....in terms of audio/visual//and extras.....
What about the pilot?

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Weak2ndActto see the film in widescreen on the OOP LD

*carressing my copy*

Mmmmmmmm
*Staring at my VHS dupe made from the LD*

:?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: NEON MERCURY3.0  twin peaks season 2....region two dvd......please..please give us the exact quality of season one ...that set is PERFECT...its the best dvd tv set out ever.....in terms of audio/visual//and extras.....
What about the pilot?

.....i think that the pilot will never be released the "proper"' way like artisan did w/ season one......the dvd copy i have is that phucked  up hiss sound......but come to think of it ....that damn hiss sound actually adds  to the mystic of twin peaks.......................maybe.........or maybe i'm just learning how to make do.....

Mac................any  supplements on that laser...?

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYMac................any  supplements on that laser...?

No.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
What about the pilot?

.....i think that the pilot will never be released the "proper"' way like artisan did w/ season one......the dvd copy i have is that phucked  up hiss sound......but come to think of it ....that damn hiss sound actually adds  to the mystic of twin peaks.......................maybe.........or maybe i'm just learning how to make do.....

Mac................any  supplements on that laser...?
why is it that it isn't included? it's on my region 4

bonanzataz

b/c a different company owns the US rights to the pilot, so artisan can't release the pilot on region 1.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

ono

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

A friend's or something? Just seems like one of a million crappy Internet lists that's too listy and not well-explained.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pubrick

Nerve.com does this all the time with every director.

It's just a thing that they do.

And they don't do it well.
under the paving stones.