Lucinda's Threade d'Ideas

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 21, 2003, 07:38:09 AM

Lucinda Bryte

coffeebeetle

It's definitely an original idea.  I'd like to see what you come up with Lucinda.  Keep me posted!  :)
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Lucinda Bryte

metroshane

I encourage you to make a script out of it.  It's a hard thing to comment on ideas b/c they can go so many ways.  I don't even know if your movie is a comedy or drama...so it's really hard to say how good an idea it is.  I'm sure Ishatar sounded good in the beginning.

So develop it.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Lucinda Bryte

coffeebeetle

It has the underpinnings of a quirky short comedy too....but wtf do I know... :)
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Alethia

Quote from: Lucinda Bryte

But a depressed coffee table is cool.

one of the coolest things i have ever heard.

can either be great or a disaster, depending on what you do with it.  but definitly do something with it.

i once had an idea for a short that was told from the perspective of a penny spanning about 35 years.  it was to be a comedy.

Lucinda Bryte

Actually I think it could be a really cynical comedy... Hmm! I will have to think more about this. I like your penny idea as well. Thank you for the feedback, everyone. :)

ShanghaiOrange

Change the coffee table to a cynical action hero and the troubled family to a wisecracking talking dog and you got yourself a movie.

Seriously though, personified inanimate objects are awesome.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd Kiiljari narrating about how he is used to pile bills on and that's a symbolic reference to something I haven't quite worked out yet

Umm... let's see... He yearns for what the family has, so he yearns for money and stability, and they pile that stuff on him, literally slapping him in the face with bills. He can't consume like they do and he's smitten with the aftermath.

Quote from: coffeebeetleIt has the underpinnings of a quirky short comedy too....but wtf do I know... :)

No no no, that's lazy. Of course it could be a cheap little comedy, but you have to extend it into a nearly pretentious epic drama. It has to be played seriously. Then it would be a truly beautiful thing.

Lucinda Bryte

I am so pretentious without realizing it. It's a flaw...

Alethia

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange

Change the coffee table to a cynical action hero and the troubled family to a wisecracking talking dog and you got yourself a movie.

What the - YOU STOLE MY FUCKING IDEA!!!!!!!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Lucinda BryteI am so pretentious without realizing it. It's a flaw...

No, it's a good thing when combined with absurdity.

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Lucinda BryteI am so pretentious without realizing it. It's a flaw...

No, it's a good thing when combined with absurdity.

Well thanks actually.

It's odd. I was just thinking of bands that have been around a long time who sing songs from the beginning of their career. It seems like it would be re-visiting an old memory of when they wrote the song.

And if I ever made this (or any other) movie, I would look back on it twenty years from now and have that mindset reminded to me and probably feel embarassed.

ono

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4110  :-D