Woody Allen

Started by Pedro, March 20, 2003, 11:46:16 PM

Alexandro

Quote from: idk on February 04, 2008, 04:20:45 PM
In Mighty Aphrodite at the end(spoilers ahead) there is the scene where Lenny runs into that hot girl who has his child and they are in a toy store. I am pretty sure that is the same toy store the final scene of Eyes Wide Shut takes place in.

Made out to be? Didn't they shot EWS in London?

MacGuffin

Larry David, Evan Rachel Wood to star in Woody Allen's next movie
Source: Entertainment Weekly

How much neurosis can one movie channel? We're about find out. Larry David, the mind behind Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm, is set to be the lead in Woody Allen's next, as-yet-untitled feature, which is scheduled to shoot in New York City in the spring. Plot details are being kept under wraps, but David will act alongside Evan Rachel Wood (Across the Universe). The movie marks Allen's return home after he made three films in London and one, the upcoming Vicky Cristina Barcelona, in Spain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Goddamn, did Scarlett get too old for him already?

cine

more like "Goddamn, LARRY DAVID and WOODY ALLEN TOGETHER AT LAST."

hedwig

more like "Goddamn, LARRY DAVID and WOODY ALLEN REUNITED AT LAST."

ElPandaRoyal

I think I came... then I read this and came again.
Si

w/o horse

Speaking of Woody Allen, Deconstructing Harry, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Larry David:  The scene in Deconstructing Harry when Harry visits his sister and she calls him a self-hating Jew is eerily similar to the scene in the wheelchair writer episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm in which Larry gets called a self-loathing Jew for whistling Wagner, I noticed last night.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Woody Allen Sues Over NY Billboard

Woody Allen asked a federal court on Monday to strip a clothing company known for its racy ads featuring scantily clad models of at least $10 million for using his image on billboards and on the Internet.

In a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, the actor-director said he does not endorse commercial products or services in the United States, which makes the May 2007 American Apparel billboards in Hollywood and New York and Web site displays "especially egregious and damaging."

The lawsuit said Allen was not contacted by the company and did not consent to the use of his image, which was taken from one of his movies.

American Apparel Inc., which is based in Los Angeles and operates worldwide, did not immediately reply to a telephone message seeking comment Monday.

The lawsuit complained of a billboard featuring a frame from "Annie Hall," a film that won Allen a best director Oscar. The image showed Allen, 72, dressed as a Hasidic Jew with a long beard and black hat and Yiddish text meaning "the holy rebbe." The words "American Apparel" also were on the billboard.

The billboard falsely implied that Allen sponsored, endorsed or was associated with American Apparel, said the lawsuit, which seeks at least $10 million in compensatory damages and unspecified punitive damages.

Allen's lawsuit describes him as among the most influential figures in the history of American film and a man who has maintained strict control over the projects with which he is associated.

The lawsuit accuses American Apparel of "blatant misappropriation and commercial use of Allen's image" and notes that the company on its Web site promotes itself as one known for "provocative photography."

In a news release two weeks ago, American Apparel Chairman Dov Charney called 2007 the company's most successful year and said the company planned to develop "into a pre-eminent global retail brand."

As of February 2007, American Apparel had more than 6,700 employees and operated 184 retail stores in 13 countries, according to its latest earnings release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 31, 2008, 08:16:28 PM
The lawsuit complained of a billboard featuring a frame from "Annie Hall," a film that won Allen a best director Oscar. The image showed Allen, 72, dressed as a Hasidic Jew with a long beard and black hat and Yiddish text meaning "the holy rebbe." The words "American Apparel" also were on the billboard.

http://www.forward.com/articles/10697/

On Allen St., no less.

modage

this is 3 blocks from my apartment.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

from avclub.com

Woody Allen teaming up with Larry David
posted by: Steve Hyden
July 30, 2008 - 9:55am

Woody Allen has had better luck with dramas than comedies lately--and even his dramas have been pretty scattershot--but there's reason to hope his new movie with Larry David might have some legit laughs. Allen tells The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the movie is called Whatever Works and it's "a slightly different one for me. It's a blackish comedy." That's not a surprise coming from David, who Allen says has "a great, what would you call it, sarcastic, sour or vitriolic, wonderful, wonderful, no nonsense sense of humor."

"I think I'm more illusory than him," Allen added. "He's a stronger personality. I'm more of a schlemiel, a dope. I would be the guy they would plant the microfilm on and I would never know it, and I would be out there wondering why people are shooting at me. Larry has a different quality." There is no further info on Whatever Works as of now; Allen's latest film Vicky Cristina Barcelona comes out Aug. 15.
context, context, context.

matt35mm

SiliasRuby

This is not the first time that he was in a woody allen movie, he had a bit part in 'Radio Days', but this is the first time he's going to STAR is a WA flick
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

hedwig

Quote from: SiliasRuby on July 30, 2008, 09:20:46 PM
This is not the first time that he was in a woody allen movie, he had a bit part in 'Radio Days', but this is the first time he's going to STAR is a WA flick
i think matt's just reacting to the fact that there's finally some news about this movie, including the title. the LD-WA collab story broke on the previous page (and i made the same point about radio days).

MacGuffin

Woody Allen says he hopes to film a new comedy in Paris

PARIS (AFP) – US filmmaker Woody Allen said Tuesday he hopes to shoot a new comedy in Paris next summer, continuing his recent run of choosing to film in European cities over his native-New York.

"I have always wanted to shoot a film in Paris. I have a scenario for Paris all written. I was going to shoot it a few years ago but when we came here and I started to put the film together, suddenly it became such an expensive film that I could not do it," he said.

Allen's last batch of films, including "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and London-based drama "Match Point", were filmed in Europe.

He said financial problems should not derail the Paris project completely but added that he is prepared to film the comedy during the summer of 2011 in the event of more delays.

"Now that there is a new tax incentive in Paris we are returning and trying to see if it is possible to come again to do it," he said after meeting with French Culture Minister Christine Albanel.

"If I can't do it, then I will probably do another film in the US this year," he added.

Skeleton FilmWorks