New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

edison

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 11:14:19 AM
i've never thought it was cut and always knew there were digital figures.
it would be nice, for me personally, to see the changes back to back as some kind of dvd extra.

to the familyvideo orderers,
does your account still say "in fulfillment" or has it changed to something like "shipped?"
nowhere on there site, at least that i can find, do they define exactly what they mean by "in fulfillment."

The review at dvd beaver has pics of the differences. As to the family video order mine switched to "shipped" sometime last week.

tpfkabi

my connection is too slow to download all those hugegantic pictures. i need living breathing ___*frames per second film, not stills.

when did you order then? i think i ordered Monday night/22nd. they're probably being shipped on a first come/first served basis i would guess.

i just called the 888 number and they just told me it's on backorder and would probably be 1-2 weeks.
did ya'll act pissed or anything and say they better have it and then they changed it?
if so, i just said, 'ok.'

*i'm drawing a blank on this, but the joke is still effective.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

grand theft sparrow

I ordered mine Monday afternoon and I got a shipping confirmation on Friday morning, so I have no idea how they're doing it. 

edison

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 01:46:41 PM
my connection is too slow to download all those hugegantic pictures. i need living breathing ___*frames per second, not stills.

Here's the in living breathing 24 frames per second, no stills. Can your connection handle that?

Quote from: bigideas
when did you order then? i think i ordered Monday night/22nd. they're probably being shipped on a first come/first served basis i would guess.

i just called the 888 number and they just told me it's on backorder and would probably be 1-2 weeks.
did ya'll act pissed or anything and say they better have it and then they changed it?
if so, i just said, 'ok.'

*i'm drawing a blank on this, but the joke is still effective.

Ordered on 10/18, it was changed wednesday/thursday with no phone call placed to bitch and moan

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 01:46:41 PMi just called the 888 number and they just told me it's on backorder and would probably be 1-2 weeks.

I was told 2-4 weeks. "I know we told you one thing on Friday..."  Fuck this. They just lost a customer. Best Buy will be getting my money.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 29, 2007, 02:45:12 PM
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 01:46:41 PMi just called the 888 number and they just told me it's on backorder and would probably be 1-2 weeks.

I was told 2-4 weeks. "I know we told you one thing on Friday..."  Fuck this. They just lost a customer. Best Buy will be getting my money.

you called back today?
he said '1 to 2 weeks,' but i'm not sure if that was when i would receive it or when they would get it - if it's when they get it, then maybe it's more the 2-4.

$15 or so to trade for a little more time - that will be alright with me. it will give me some time to watch the other stuff i haven't got around to watching yet.

i'm wondering if they also have Twin Peaks the cheapest as well - and if you can reuse the $5 coupon. if it was a first time buyer coupon, then i guess i could order it as someone else.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 02:53:14 PM$15 or so to trade for a little more time - that will be alright with me.

Doesn't matter now. Best Buy ended their sale so now I have to wait.  :evil:

I want it NOW!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

you may want it now, but the question is:

do you care how?

(that pic may make a good avatar)

edison

My set came in today from family video, they bumped it up to priority while I ordered the $.99 shipping. I guess because of all the troubles. It also had the mismatched Shining cover but thats ok.

tpfkabi

Quote from: edison on October 29, 2007, 05:32:54 PM
My set came in today from family video, they bumped it up to priority while I ordered the $.99 shipping. I guess because of all the troubles. It also had the mismatched Shining cover but thats ok.

they're already producing copies with a matching Shining cover?

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 08:04:31 PM

how many questions can a person ask?????

i have never seen anything like this.

well, here's a new page for you to fill.

let me help you get started..

Quote from: bigideas on October 03, 2007, 10:19:44 PM
is it because TLA was a commercial flop - they're treating it delicately?
Quote from: bigideas on October 04, 2007, 05:33:11 PM
any word on how much this is expanding this week (number of theaters)?
Quote from: bigideas on October 07, 2007, 12:42:42 AM
***did you find you had to register even if you are on the e-mail list and have bought things through waste before?***
Quote from: bigideas on October 07, 2007, 02:19:49 PM
did anyone enjoy the performance on Conan?
Quote from: bigideas on October 09, 2007, 09:44:13 PM
why do you dislike Savannah Smiles?
Quote from: bigideas on October 11, 2007, 11:27:43 AM
someone with deep iPod/iTunes knowledge please tell me - aren't iTunes mp4's, therefore a different type of sound file compression? if so, how are mp3/mp4 in comparison?
Quote from: bigideas on October 11, 2007, 08:31:40 PM
any idea what the little W is in the bottom left corner?
Quote from: bigideas on October 16, 2007, 11:26:55 AM
no myxo?
Quote from: bigideas on October 17, 2007, 04:24:09 PM
has anyone else noticed the 2007 edition of FMJ that still has the white background cover?
Quote from: bigideas on October 18, 2007, 02:28:56 PM
widescreen.......arrgh.........does this keep anyone from buying solely for this reason?
Quote from: bigideas on October 18, 2007, 02:52:08 PM
has anyone bought it yet?
Quote from: bigideas on October 18, 2007, 05:35:38 PM
you are legion now (the use of 'we')?

the question was - is anyone not buying because of it?
Quote from: bigideas on October 19, 2007, 08:34:55 AM
did you go the Steel Case route?
Quote from: bigideas on October 22, 2007, 11:18:57 AM
any idea if this is a preorder discount only - meaning the price goes up tomorrow?
Quote from: bigideas on October 22, 2007, 09:52:45 PM
(or do those that saw it already feel cheated?)

anyone think you'll have horny frat boys coming to see Nat nude in the short and then leaving?
Quote from: bigideas on October 23, 2007, 10:14:02 PM
you saw this in reference to your actual order or you're just talking about the product order page?
Quote from: bigideas on October 24, 2007, 11:10:59 AM
inspired by the Ryan Adams cover?
Quote from: bigideas on October 24, 2007, 11:29:20 AM
ever heard the demo of The Bends?
Quote from: bigideas on October 24, 2007, 06:51:59 PM
people have been able to buy the box in stores, right?
Quote from: bigideas on October 26, 2007, 07:53:59 AM
i wonder if this is the kind of thing you'll find at the local Barnes and Noble, or if i'd have to order online.
Quote from: bigideas on October 26, 2007, 07:59:52 AM
the thing with the Best Buy idea - wouldn't they expect a Best Buy price tag to still be on it?
Quote from: bigideas on October 26, 2007, 10:00:26 AM
has anyone done this before?

i'm guessing bar codes aren't individualized?
Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 07:37:42 PM
do you have the exact Kubrick quote on this?
Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 10:22:06 PM
anyone seen this print?
Quote from: bigideas on October 28, 2007, 10:52:17 PM
tell me this, is this Lynch with actually human sounding dialog or like The Grandmother where the voices are distorted like dogs - or anything like that - way ouuutttt there Lynch - if that even makes sense?
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 11:14:19 AM
does your account still say "in fulfillment" or has it changed to something like "shipped?"
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 11:25:05 AM
what's the best deal on this?
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 01:46:41 PM
when did you order then?

Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 02:53:14 PM
you called back today?
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 04:33:37 PM
do you care how?
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 04:39:43 PM
i'm confused. so there are 2 different DVD/films that are out now?
Quote from: bigideas on October 29, 2007, 08:04:31 PM

but this is where you should've realised you had a problem:

Quote from: bigideas on September 29, 2007, 10:37:33 PM
(if someone goes to a Q&A screening please ask if there is actual Radiohead video footage for We Suck Young Blood).

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on September 30, 2007, 01:27:09 PM
hasn't this has been pointed out several times in recent months?
Quote from: Stefen on September 30, 2007, 01:31:27 PM

Yes, and it's always in response to Big Ideas asking the same question and getting it answered the same way EVERY TIME.

Quote from: bigideas on September 30, 2007, 02:10:08 PM
you're partly correct. this is the first time that my question has been answered with a direct quote from Paul saying that it does not exist.
Quote from: MacGuffin on September 30, 2007, 02:57:55 PM
Second time. Same PTA quote, Radiohead thread:

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=9026.msg249538#msg249538
Quote from: bigideas on September 30, 2007, 06:18:48 PM
you got me there.
sorry i cannot remember every post i make on here, but be damn sure you will remind me of it.

why weren't you there while i was taking my recording studio classes that i failed?

under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

i accept the nomination, pubes!

i have been touched today...........erm, i mean,
have i been touched today?

and if so, how does one define 'touch?'

i need a direct quote however...

The Sheriff

maybe you should just give this board up and persue your true passion as a journalist

go, you are free now...
id fuck ayn rand

Pozer

dont get anymore big ideas, big ideas, they're not gonna happen.

tpfkabi

i used that like 50 million years ago (dinosaurs/al gore) when i came up with internet usernames.

to steer it back on track, i got an e-mail saying my Kubes box set has shipped today!

i find it odd everyone is giving the head's up on the Kubrick set, but staying tight
lipped on the Twin Peaks set...