You might be obsessed with Paul Thomas Anderson if....

Started by boombanglarrabee, October 21, 2003, 08:04:40 PM

kotte

Quote from: 82here is how lame I am:

not lame...it's geeky.

and geeky's fine...

NEON MERCURY

..if you recreate various scenes from his films using friends and family as castmembers ..and cast yourself in the lead and then pass it off  to anyone else who hasn't seen it as "your screen test" for PTA......

kotte

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..if you recreate various scenes from his films using friends and family as castmembers ..and cast yourself in the lead and then pass it off  to anyone else who hasn't seen it as "your screen test" for PTA......

haha...that's great.

ElPandaRoyal

It's really funny to read this list of obsessions and laugh you ass of and then show it to your brother who gets this reaction: "you and those guys in the XI... XIKAS... whatever..... you're all just fucking weird."
Si

molly

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumIt's really funny to read this list of obsessions and laugh you ass of and then show it to your brother who gets this reaction: "you and those guys in the XI... XIKAS... whatever..... you're all just fucking weird."

a very mild estimation 8)

j_scott_stroup04

How about:

You join PETA, purely because it has the initials PTA in them

You make your girlfriend/wife call you Paul or Dirk in bed

You're trying to persuade your wife into becoming a solo musician while you pursue your career in filmmaking

You have a web page dedicated to him

You watch the "Magnolia" Diary all the time just to try and mimic the way he incessantly talks with his hands

Whenever you're in the movie store, you tell anybody near you, whether you know them or not, that Punch-Drunk Love is the best movie in the new release section (which is what I do at my job)

You rent "Popeye" just to see and hear the original version of "He Needs Me"

You sing "He Needs Me" in the shower, whether you're a girl or not.

Whenever you're feeling blue, you thinking about Kevin Smith's attempts at downgrading a much superior filmmaker and it makes you laugh- Then you remember that you know more fans of Smith than you do fans of PTA, then you frown again.

You add to an already overwhelming list of PTA obsessions on a message board.

I'm done.......
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

molly

Quote from: j_scott_stroup04How about:

You join PETA, purely because it has the initials PTA in them

You make your girlfriend/wife call you Paul or Dirk in bed

You're trying to persuade your wife into becoming a solo musician while you pursue your career in filmmaking

wow
really?
Never mind, it sounds good.

freakerdude

I just read these PTA obsessive lists by boom. I really started digging BN about 2 months ago or less and am still captured by it. Now that I've seen Magnolia once and PDL 4 times, I have to say I have become fascinated with his work.

It's kind of weird how many of those PTA-isms I already know in such a short time. This has to be one of the best posts I have come across on here thanks to you.

One of the best lists ever!
MC Pee Pants

NEON MERCURY

nix

I can't resist...

Your girlfriend will bail if you make her say "your cock is so beautiful" one more time.

She has also asked you repeatedly to stop calling it "that one special thing".

You've been told over and over by friends and family that you are indeed NOT a " big, bright shining star".

You walk around in a 70s cowboy getup... always with a coffee mug.

As soon as you bought the Magnolia dvd you skipped to the last scene and turned on the subtitles so you could find out exactly what John C. Riley said to Melora Walters.

You constantly ask your dying grandpa why "every word that comes out of his mouth is either cocksucker, shitballs, or fuck" even though he hasn't spoken in six months.

Your six year old little brother tells his kindergarten teacher to "respect the cock!"

(man this is fun)

No matter how much you offer, no one will pay you ten bucks to look at your dick (or twenty to see you jerk off).

You no longer simply tell people to shut up. It's always "shut, shut, shut, shut, shut up!

Anytime you complement someone you call it "waxing their car".

Want to keep going... must....stop...
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

aclockworkjj

freakerdude

I knew the respect  the cock would come up somewhere unless I missed it earlier than this.

If figured it'd go like this.....telling your girlfriend there's going to be some changes around here and it's time we respect the cock and tame the twat. Then she slaps the hell out of you and leaves your ass forever with bills and........stuff. yeah
MC Pee Pants

BonBon85

You might be obsessed with Paul Thomas Anderson if you quote the following:
Quote from: freakerduderespect the cock and tame the twat

And reply that it's tame the CUNT...sheesh.

Pubrick

u might be obsessed with PTA if u find the above post hilarious.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs