You might be obsessed with Paul Thomas Anderson if....

Started by boombanglarrabee, October 21, 2003, 08:04:40 PM

O.

superb

Robyn

O.

Um, okay, maybe it's cuz I'm a noobie, but does everyone call There Will Be Blood CMBB?
superb

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Robyn

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: O on October 17, 2011, 04:16:40 PM
Um, okay, maybe it's cuz I'm a noobie, but does everyone call There Will Be Blood CMBB?

We call it Chere Mill Be Blood.

Pubrick coined this based on the font on the original poster (see below). Basically no one is resisting it anymore.

http://www.movies-wallpapers.net/Movies/There%20Will%20Be%20Blood/There%20Will%20Be%20Blood-01.jpg

O.

What's Chere Mill? Google bears no fruit on the matter.

Tell me everything. I want to be well-versed in all of Xixax history.
superb

Robyn

Chere Mill is the first two words from the title of Paul Thomas Andersons fifth feature film Chere Mill Be Blood.

O.

Oh, nevermind, I see it now. I guess the typographer side of me blocked out reading any other way than was already established.
superb

72teeth

I forget that i'm being silly when i say "Chere Mill" and have in fact used it during a serious conversation... and they didn't even question or correct me!

"Smart boy, but that's some speech impediment...:ponder:"
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

O.

I had a dream last night that I saw 'The Master' -- it made perfect sense to me for a while, and the movie was actually incredible, until I realized it was a movie I had made up in my mind about railroad tycoons (???). I had only realize this after (in my dreams) I e-mailed PTA 25 times about me liking the movie and he responded 25 times (that's when I realized it wasn't actually 'The Master' but something I'd made up, so I knew I was in a dream). So then I went outside to my parking lot and saw an awkward handle near a dumpster which opened up to reveal (woah!) PTA was living in an underground vault! Baffled, and excited, we quickly became friends and frolicked like fuck around my neighborhood. In my actual life, there's a lady here who has a shitty car that always pollutes the air with smoke, that same woman manifested in my dreams. When PTA and I got near her, he started coughing, then a lot more, then eventually he coughed so hard he vomited some weird yellow stuff on my arm and told me to go the emergency room quickly or I could get a thing called "nucleus throat" (???) so I did, and I went to the hospital within 10 minutes and was quarantined in a room with only UV lights where my arm was wrapped in an air tight sheet and they pulled that nasty viscous material out of me and I woke up soon afterwards.

ya'll jelly? :finger:
superb

ono

Quote from: O on October 25, 2011, 11:45:32 AM
I had a dream last night that I saw 'The Master' -- it made perfect sense to me for a while, and the movie was actually incredible, until I realized it was a movie I had made up in my mind about railroad tycoons (???). I had only realize this after (in my dreams) I e-mailed PTA 25 times about me liking the movie and he responded 25 times (that's when I realized it wasn't actually 'The Master' but something I'd made up, so I knew I was in a dream). So then I went outside to my parking lot and saw an awkward handle near a dumpster which opened up to reveal (woah!) PTA was living in an underground vault! Baffled, and excited, we quickly became friends and frolicked like fuck around my neighborhood. In my actual life, there's a lady here who has a shitty car that always pollutes the air with smoke, that same woman manifested in my dreams. When PTA and I got near her, he started coughing, then a lot more, then eventually he coughed so hard he vomited some weird yellow stuff on my arm and told me to go the emergency room quickly or I could get a thing called "nucleus throat" (???) so I did, and I went to the hospital within 10 minutes and was quarantined in a room with only UV lights where my arm was wrapped in an air tight sheet and they pulled that nasty viscous material out of me and I woke up soon afterwards.

Great dream.

But stop that.  Now.  It's almost as bad as polka's subtitle.

Reel

It sounded like Paul was your own personal E.T.

lol @ "nucleus throat"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono on October 25, 2011, 11:56:12 AM

But stop that.  Now.  It's almost as bad as polka's subtitle.

Yes. I'm afraid that's your first infraction, O.