Can't Get Sound From Captured Video

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, August 16, 2003, 12:04:49 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This has been giving me trouble so far, and I need some help.  How do I get both audio/video tracks?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Xixax

What capture program are you using? Are you doing an analog capture or firewire?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm using Image Mixer, a SONY camera, it's a USB cable (is that a firewire?)...do you need any other info?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI'm using Image Mixer, a SONY camera, it's a USB cable (is that a firewire?)...do you need any other info?
no...usb and firewire are different....what is image mixer?  dude get Premiere or something (try it for free, but then buy it)...it's not hard to get ahold of.

or maybe try importing the tracks separately and then placing them together.

Xixax

Sorry, Walrus. Can't help ya. I'm not familiar with that program.

Although I've never heard of motion video being transferred digitally over USB - just firewire.

Most PC folks are using Premiere with a firewire card that plugs into your IEEE-1394 (iLINK for some cameras) connector.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Raikus

Hey Walrus. I just got a Sony DV Cam with the same stuff. On one computer the sound loads and on another it doesn't--so I've yet to diagnose the reason. However, it's best to buy a firewire card (ebay's got them for around $15 or so) and pipe it into the computer that way. Then you can use Premiere to edit. Image Mixer is near impossible to do anything with. I'm sure if you have a Handycam model of Sony camcorder (I have a 350 model) it has the firewire output. Look next to the cam's USB output and it should be there.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok, will do.  Thank you for your help  :-D , I'll post what happens after I find out.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ok, I got the firewire , but I just found out Firewire needs it's own special port.  Am I an idiot for this?