What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

hot stuff comin' through.

polkablues

Hey, nipples!  Nipple, anyway.

Started reading:

It's basically an examination of the theory that the lost continent of Atlantis existed on what is now Antarctica, with ideas ranging from earth crust displacement to ice ages to global placement of sacred sites to ancient prophecy.  Somewhat less crazy than Von Daniken, and almost as fun.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

Quote from: Gloria

Shopgirl - Steve Martin

i read it in junior high. didn't care much for it. how do you like it?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gloria

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri read it in junior high. didn't care much for it. how do you like it?

I just started reading it (first few pages).   I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get a little further through it.

Fernando

Finally started reading something.

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, so far so good.  :yabbse-thumbup:

MacGuffin

Finally getting around to this:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: Walrus Star[Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller]
Tell me about it.  Worth a buy?
Quote from: MacGuffin[Rebels on the Backlot by Sharon Waxman]
Tell us about it.  :-D

deathnotronic

the iliad
for my mythology/ancient history class(es)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ono
Quote from: Walrus Star[Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller]
Tell me about it.  Worth a buy?

I'd recommend it.  It's told with a lot of passion... when it's dirty, it's gritty and raw... when it's romantic, it is gorgeous and beautiful.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gloria

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri read it in junior high. didn't care much for it. how do you like it?

It was just okay.  At points,  I felt that Steve Martin was spending too much time explaining things; he didn't leave much for the audience to figure out themselves.  I wasn't emotionally invested in the characters, either.  I didn't like how he explained exactly what every character was thinking; it took away from the story.  However, it was a quick read and had a few cute moments.

72teeth

Random Vin Diesel Facts
funny funny funny...

"Vin Diesel is invisible under black light."
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

squints

Vin Diesel is the 23rd element in the periodic table
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Gloria

Prozac Nation - Elizabeth Wurtzel

Figure 8

After a ton of people told me to read it, I am finally getting around to reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower.