Dream Catcher (My First Topic!)

Started by russiasusha, March 20, 2003, 01:10:01 PM

russiasusha

So what are people's opinions on this flick?

I know diddly shit about it other than it's based on a Stephen King Novel.  My brother is dragging me to it because he read the damn thing.  

Well at least Jason Lee is in it.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Raikus

Quote from: russiasushaWell at least Jason Lee is in it.

That's my reason for seeing it (despite the reviews). Well, Lee and Damian Lewis.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

joke08

i want to see it because of the matrix mini-movie.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

ProgWRX

count me in as wanting to see it for the sole reason of watching Jason Lee in it...

is it getting bad reviews?   :oops:
-Carlos

picolas

Quote from: ProgWRXcount me in as wanting to see it for the sole reason of watching Jason Lee in it...

is it getting bad reviews?   :oops:

my first reply to this topic:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0285531
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Dreamcatcher-1120951/

ProgWRX

yeah after posting i automatically checked imdb and rottentomatoes as well :D
-Carlos

polkablues

I went in with reasonably high hopes (Lawrence Kasdan + William Goldman + Stephen King + Jason Lee + Thomas Jane + Damian Lewis + Timothy Olyphant + Morgan Freeman + Tom Sizemore should = Brilliance), somewhat tempered by the one-star review given it by my local paper.

Well, it was better than one star.  A little bit.  The first half was excellent.  The last third was completely and unapologetically ridiculous.  The ending was just... not... good.  It's a shame that so much talent ended up going to waste.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

Quote from: polkabluesThe first half was excellent.  The last third was completely and unapologetically ridiculous.

but what of the remaining one sixth?

oakmanc234

Aren't there like vicious, ugly-ass aliens in it? I know jack about the film except for who's in it and I remember seeing a gross creature on the front of a sci-fi magazine for it.

What's up wid dat?
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

polkablues

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: polkabluesThe first half was excellent.  The last third was completely and unapologetically ridiculous.

but what of the remaining one sixth?

I don't want to spoil it for you.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: GhostboyDreamcatcher (coughdumbestmovieinalongtimecough) press screening.

(coughthehuntedcough) So that means I'll like this.

Quote from: GhostboyNo...differences of opinion be damend, I don't think you'll like Dreamcatcher.

GB, I owe you a big fat fuckin' apology. I'm sorry I doubted you. Definite candidate for worst movie of the year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

saw it on tv today. thought it was a big pile of the most awfulest shite i have ever seen. like everyone else says, the first 30 minutes are okay and after that it collapses. watching jason lee was almost like watching a joke, he was either playing banky or that other character he is so well known from the kevin smith movies. morgan freeman was really odd, what the fuck is he doing in this movie? his eyebrows was really confusing, did they had anything to do with the plot? and his way of acting macho didn't work at all. i respect him as an actor so he should never do those kind of acting roles ever again. and the two dudes from the band of brothers show. the red haired guy that managed to be hilarious by playing two characters. and donny wahlberg who seemed to reprise his character from the sixth sense. argh, i really hated this movie and i wonder what the hell the executives at warner bros were smoking when they greenlighted this movie. it really seemed promising at the start but when it features non-stop farting people, aliens, disgusting worms and several stephen king references to other well made movies it's not my cup of tea.

SiliasRuby

Completely absurd to watch. It's sooo terrible. Love the book though.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Chrisdarko

They were thinking Stephen King=MONEY

meatball

*spoiler alert*

Thomas Jane talking to the gun like it was a phone. I seriously thought the movie had become a comedy, but .. no it wasn't? Christ, that was horrible.