The Bourne Supremacy

Started by MacGuffin, April 13, 2004, 10:20:00 PM

ProgWRX

definately, i loved how everything was downplayed, oh and the music in the movie is pretty good too...
-Carlos

pete

I wouldn't call driving a minicooper down two sets of stairs "downplayed."
that's like the must-have stunt in every car chase that takes place in europe.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ProgWRX

compared to chases in other movies, yeah it was downplayed, also the choice of cars, say compared to movies like Ronin... an old screwed up mini vs varios high end audis, bmws, etc...
-Carlos

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pas

It was okay... we've seen this movie before, but I had not seen a good old fashioned american movie in a month or so, so I enjoyed it. No annoying spy-in-love story, that was nice.

meatball

I liked this movie a lot. It was very well executed. It knew what type of movie that it was, and it hit all it's marks dead on. There was never a moment where I thought it was meandering.

MacGuffin

Very excellent follow-up/sequel/continuation of "Identity;" nicely following the 'rules' that Doug Liman set, although it doesn't entirely live up to that. The hand-held camera work (and to some extent, the editing) was too frenetic and jittery, thus distracting. I've always been a fan of Joan Allen and she plays a worthy adversary. A great car chase that ranks up there with those in "Ronin."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Not being a big, big fan of action movies, I found myself actually enjoying this one, surprisingly so. I thought it was better than the first (though my friends disagree), and the car chase (in an incredibly durable taxi) was the highlight of the movie. The jittery camera really only bother me during, possibly, the most important parts of an action movie: the action scenes (fortunately though, this movie isn't all action, it works on the dramatic side a bit more than most). The fight was dizzying and I had trouble following what was happening.
But that's my only real gripe, that I can think of.

Did it end kind of suddenly to anyone else, or was it just me??
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Finn

$52.5M the first weekend

Not bad at all :wink:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

meatball

Quote from: ranemaka13Did it end kind of suddenly to anyone else, or was it just me??

It ended on a strange note for me. I thought, "Okay.. the end?" Nothing like Spider-Man swinging through Manhattan then perching on top of a skyscraper needle.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: MacGuffinVery excellent follow-up/sequel/continuation of "Identity;" nicely following the 'rules' that Doug Liman set, although it doesn't entirely live up to that. The hand-held camera work (and to some extent, the editing) was too frenetic and jittery, thus distracting. I've always been a fan of Joan Allen and she plays a worthy adversary. A great car chase that ranks up there with those in "Ronin."
I totally agree with you for once. I even told my my brother the exact same thing, about the camerawork being a bit too jittery at times, but he said he was fine with it.

Myxo

This movie sucked.

I want Lethal Weapon & Die Hard back god damnit.

El Duderino

lethal weapon's getting too old for this shit
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Just Withnail

Quote from: El Duderinolethal weapon's getting too old for this shit

Die Hard on the other hand...

SHAFTR

I liked everything about this film except for how it was shot and edited.  The short take, fast cut feel to it didn't work for the most part.  I was annoyed by it and I wish Liman would have directed it.  The performances and script are fine...and it's good to see an action film that doesn't rely on one liners.  Just the fast cutting didn't work for me, the big action set pieces were more confusing than exciting.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"