Wild At Heart

Started by bonanzataz, June 27, 2003, 04:14:14 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: GhostboyThis thread made me want to watch it again, so I popped in my VHS copy. This is by far the WORST VHS I ever purchased. I don't know what the distributor was thinking. It looks like it was recorded in SLP mode, and some of the scenes are 'squished' horizontally so the widescreen image will fit on the TV screen. It's awful. Plus, there's a trailer for 'I Come In Peace' starring Dolph Lundgren. Bring on the Region 1 DVD!!! Now!

yuck. so glad IFC broadcasts in widescreen.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

Hey Mac and/or Taz, did you guys have any trouble when you ordered your Eraserhead DVDs? When I click on the Buy button, I get that little Kart animation...but when I go to check out, my cart is empty. I've tried it with other items as well, to no avail. Very very frustrating. Perhaps its a fault of this cursed 56k connection.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyHey Mac and/or Taz, did you guys have any trouble when you ordered your Eraserhead DVDs? When I click on the Buy button, I get that little Kart animation...but when I go to check out, my cart is empty. I've tried it with other items as well, to no avail. Very very frustrating. Perhaps its a fault of this cursed 56k connection.

I didn't. In fact, I just tried it again right now. I clicked on 'Buy' and got the animation. Then clicked on 'View Cart' and it was in there. I dunno.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

Defoe's Bobby Peru is freaking hil-ar-i-us.. He has the funiest lines in that film

Another testament to Lynch's genius

bonanzataz

my favorite character is the mother. she nailed it. the scene where she's covered in lipstick is the ultimate.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

ooh ooh ooh! cap lula's mommy covered in lipstick for me!

MacGuffin

Sorry, mog:

New Wild At Heart DVDs not Lynch's new transfer

John Neff (of Blue Bob) shed some light on the status of Lynch's new Wild At Heart transfer:

"Dave has not finished the new transfer yet. There was a problem with the IP from the first transfer, and a new one was struck from the camera negative. David is working on that one now. So, anything on the street is not David's 'approved transfer'. It doesn't exist yet."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

:shock:
take that cap down immediately

phil marlowe

yeah i thought the transfer was just fine too and ohh man those eighties style heavy rockers playing elvis was just classic.

bonanzataz

i love you mog. when does this new wild at heart dvd come out in the US of A?

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazwhen does this new wild at heart dvd come out in the US of A?

Jesus Fuckin' Christ!! How many times will this be asked and answered? It's what started this thread too.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

What Mac means to say is, its tentatively scheduled for October. I hope they use the cover art on the UK edition.

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinJesus Fuckin' Christ!! How many times will this be asked and answered? It's what started this thread too
hahaha i told u no one ever remembers anything.

hahaha i told u no one remembers anything.

hahaha there is no end

under the paving stones.

budgie

Finally got my Wild At Heart DVD. Nothing at all extra, but it was cheap.

Slightly disappointed, although ultimately it works. I got a bit impatient with it as it read a bit like a Lynch greatest hits, almost a self-parody. But the Big Tuna sign is brilliant, and the whole concept of Big Tuna just makes me laugh.

Liked Cage's Elvis. And HDStanton, as ever.

Maybe I'm just too steeped in the Fincher aesthetic right now to appreciate it fully, but it is a little too kitsch, kooky rather than weird, for my taste.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: budgieFinally got my Wild At Heart DVD. Nothing at all extra, but it was cheap.

Slightly disappointed, although ultimately it works. I got a bit impatient with it as it read a bit like a Lynch greatest hits, almost a self-parody. But the Big Tuna sign is brilliant, and the whole concept of Big Tuna just makes me laugh.

Liked Cage's Elvis. And HDStanton, as ever.

Maybe I'm just too steeped in the Fincher aesthetic right now to appreciate it fully, but it is a little too kitsch, kooky rather than weird, for my taste.

Watched Se7en last night, but listened to the commentary for the first time.  Really cool.  Andrew Kevin Walker is one of my fave screenwriters now.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls