Not more PTA's next project news again....

Started by You Never Got Me Down Ray, January 18, 2004, 11:33:01 PM

Pubrick

of course he'll try sumthing new, even if this is the premise (he can do better), it says nothing of the bulk of the movie. has no one watched his previous films? this new one is the one where he is supposedly free, or at least at peace with the big demons. who the eff knows.. just don't expect a ______ 2.
under the paving stones.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

replace piano with hooker. replace mattress man with pimp. replace silly name 1 with silly name 2. Replace Doe-eyed actress 1 with Doe-eyed actress 2. Keep the movie beginning with somebody finding something intriguing in the middle of the street.
So this seems like "the same thing over again". But yaknow.
If this IS the plot...it would be cool to see an artist put a spin on something they've already done, like a Parallel Universe story that is not announced or expected. Awesome.
That's just the wishful thinking of a fanboy!

slice

yeah and magnolia is the parallel universe to punch drunk love because barry finds a harmonium at the beginning but his name isn't barry and he doesn't find a harmonium he gets executed

Chest Rockwell

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Here's what this guy said when asked where the hell did you get this from:

that's a fitful mixture of various sources. mainly, second hand (maybe third!) information from my friend who works for joanne sellar. she told him. he told me some of the casting choices and minor plot points. the rest you can find in the britsh mag empire magazine, the pt anderson vs. lars von trier interview in black book, and if you refer back a few years to around the time magnolia came out, mr anderson did and interview with rolling stone where he talks about how great he thinks adam sandler is and how he'd like to do a "missing persons" story of [correction: not pimp-hooker] a drug dealer's missing girlfriend. it's all there. you just have to see it. you just have to see it.

So i guess we just have to see it, eh?
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Pedro