TRUE ROMANCE / NATURAL BORN KILLERS / FROM DUSK TIL DAWN ?

Started by modage, May 27, 2003, 11:18:21 PM

Derek237

NBK. I love what Stone did to it. I read parts of the original script over the net and I really think it was tweeked to perfection. True Romance and Dusk Till Dawn were both great too, but NBK just took more risks and had better acting.

NEON MERCURY

yarsrevenge

brockly

i only just saw from dusk till dawn so i can finally give my list:

1. True Romance
2. NBK
3. FDTD (sucked!-had potential until the vampire bit)

ElPandaRoyal

I really need to give True Romance a second look. I watched a really fucking lame VHS about 4 years ago and couldn't really make much of it. And since there's no portuguese DVD, I didn't see it again since. I have to.

NBK is a great film and I read the draft of the screenplay by Tarantino and although I enjoyed it, I really happy Oliver Stone did what he did.
Si

pinkerton310

Quote from: Brock Landersi only just saw from dusk till dawn so i can finally give my list:

1. True Romance
2. NBK
3. FDTD (sucked!-had potential until the vampire bit)

FDTD sucks? I disagree my friend. George Clooney's character
in FDTD is in the top 10 of badest mutherfuckin' badasses in a
film. My only complaint about FDTD....Salma Hayek didn't get naked.
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

modage

Quote from: pinkerton310FDTD sucks? I disagree my friend. George Clooney's character
in FDTD is in the top 10 of badest mutherfuckin' badasses in a
film. My only complaint about FDTD....Salma Hayek didn't get naked.

hahaha, i agree.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

Alethia

i dont dislike any of those films, but Quentin should truly direct his own scripts.

modage

Quote from: Brock Landersnope, your wrong. it sucked.

perhaps you suck for being about 7 years too late for the film?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

brockly

Quote from: themodernage02

actually, avoiding the film for that long was a smart decision. most people would call it a piece of shit if it weren't tarantino. apart from the slight presence of tarantino's style that is evident in the first half, which wasn't enough to save the film, what the fuck was good about it?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: themodernage02

actually, avoiding the film for that long was a smart decision. most people would call it a piece of shit if it weren't tarantino. apart from the slight presence of tarantino's style that is evident in the first half, which wasn't enough to save the film, what the fuck was good about it?

Well, it was just a fun vampire slasher kind of movie. Those cool characters from the first half of the film were thrown into a vampire movie and the only way out of there (for those who survived, that is) was to just blow up as many weirdos asthey could without ever stop beeing cool (especially Quentin and Clooney). And then you got lines like "Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are. "
Si

coffeebeetle

:lol:

Yeah, that's a pretty bad flick.  Some of the dialogue did make me cringe, although it's still fun to watch all the gore.  I'm a sucker for that stuff if the mood hits me...
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

nix

1. True Romance
2. From Dusk Till Dawn
3. Natural Born Killers

FDTD Is fine until the vampire stuff, then it's just stupid. Although in a fun way. NBK is 3rd only because I read Tarantino's version and really wish I could see it. I like Stone's version too, but it's pretty damned heavy handed. TR is great fun, although, I wish Tarantino directed it.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen